Jesus died for you

OK, i won't enter a theological discussion. I won't be able to convince any christian that god doesn't exist, and no one can prove to me that he does exist. Anyway there's no way to be sure about that.
But i am pretty sure that people in the catholic church are a bunch of hypocrites. According to the bible, Jesus was feminist, but nowadays it is still not possible for a woman to become priest, bishop or pope. High ranking positions are just for men. That's discrimination. They are against homosexuality and the use of condoms, too. Pathetic.
But what i hate most about religion is that it is common to push it into children who still can't think for themselves. After all, that's the way religion spreads.

Raistlin1980 said:
But i am pretty sure that people in the catholic church are a bunch of hypocrites.

Again, don't judge a belief or people by the poor examples. That would be like me saying Norway is horrible because the Vikings did some awful things. I don't think the Catholic church is the best example anyways. Most people actually believe the anti-christ will be a pope who takes on the pagan title Pontifex Maximus. I wouldn't put anything like that past the Catholic church, since they've adopted some pagan rituals and crap already.

Raistlin1980 said:
According to the bible, Jesus was feminist

Really? Where? Man, you critics of the Bible really need to start reading it before arguing! It's so easy to bash Christianity, but where's your supports? No one has ever given me the "contradictions" they claim to have found in the Bible. Guess why? They don't understand it, so they attempt to discredit it. Lamest thing I've heard, but it's true.

Raistlin1980 said:
But what i hate most about religion is that it is common to push it into children who still can't think for themselves. After all, that's the way religion spreads.

Not necessarily, though I agree no one should be forced into it. Religion should spread just by people influencing others who are willing to understand the difference they see in that person's life. But no matter what, there will always be fundamentalists, due to the whole imperfection thing. When you try to analyze the Bible with your own interpretations and agenda, you will most likely fall short of it's actual purpose.

Feminism demands equality between men and women. As far as i know, Jesus never discriminated women, he treated them in the same way as men, and he defended them many times. That's quite impressive, because in that age women were considered inferior beings. But if you think that Jesus wasn't feminist, as you have read the bible so many times, i guess that you are right. :Smug: When i said that Jesus is feminist, i meant it as a good thing, but maybe you don't think that being feminist is a good thing.
Anyway the point is that the church discriminates women, and that's why i said that they're hypocrites.

good contribution
my opinion is that everyone has a right to believe whatever they want to, life without some form of belief is impossible - even the belief that there is nothing beyond now is a belief - and that everyone has the right not to be riddiculed or persecuted for their beliefs
but don't push it on people
its your belief, you dont have to hide it, bt dont neon-sign it
im not even sure what i believe right now, just that if there is a cognitive higher being, they're a malevolent creature who dislikes me and the majority of the human race
i dunno, i'm tired

kisses n pixiedust

Belive whatever you want... if it fits you... GOOD!! if that makes you happy the better.. But please, don't try to convert us into your happynes..

Sometimes i think most of the belivers... want to belive in God.. but not religion. Such as my case.
I say.. God exists.. or at least i want to belive that. But religion sux big time.

TB666 said:
Not another christian.
Atheist, we are being invaded.
Grab your swords.
Odin > Jesus

hmmm, religion, again. . .
I have my ways, george carlin has some interesting ideas, and I've also formed my own opinion. I want a little bird to land on my shoulder and whisper into my ear "God IS Real."
Maybe then ill start beleiving, but not until. I see all the evidence of Evolution, but the only thing i see of evidence of god is the Catholic church, and right now they are running a little low on credibility.

"Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time...but he loves you. want you to know, when it comes to believing in god- I really tried. I really really tried. I tried to believe that there is a god who created each one of us in his own image and likeness, loves us very much and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize...something is FUCKED-UP. Something is WRONG here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is NOT good work. If this is the best god can do, I am NOT impressed. Results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently run universe, this guy would have been out on his all-powerful-ass a long time ago. Trillions and trillions of prayers every day asking and begging and pleading for favors. 'Do this' 'Gimme that' 'I want a new car' 'I want a better job'. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday. And I say fine, pray for anything you want. Pray for anything. But...what about the divine plan? Remember that? The divine plan. Long time ago god made a divine plan. Gave it a lot of thought. Decided it was a good plan. Put it into practice. And for billion and billions of years the divine plan has been doing just fine. Now you come along and pray for something. Well, suppose the thing you want isn't in god's divine plan. What do you want him to do? Change his plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a divine plan. What's the use of being god if every run-down schmuck with a two dollar prayer book can come along and fuck up your plan? And here's something else, another problem you might have; suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? 'Well it's god's will. God's will be done.' Fine, but if it gods will and he's going to do whatever he wants to anyway; why the fuck bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me. Couldn't you just skip the praying part and get right to his will?" - Georgie