Jesus died for you

TaylorC said:
Now let me quote scripture for you: "Do not give your pearls to swine" - in other words, don't bother with arrogant and ignorant people who aren't worthy of the Bible's wisdom. You can all discuss the "contradictions" and the stuff you don't understand, but don't act like you're better because you refuse to believe in anything.
haha, take your own advice.

Malicious Misery said:
Wow...what kind of fool comes to a death metal forum and posts about how everyone is wrong? That's just plain ignorant and makes us christian types look bad. Dumbass.

"He who says to his brother, 'Raca', is answerable to the Sanhedrin, but he who says, 'You fool!', is in danger of the fires of Hell". :tickled:

You know, for a thread that was supposed to bring us all into the Christian flock, there's an awful lot of damnation being earned. :hotjump:

WOO!! *dances* meh, I belive in reincarnation so, there goes the whole hell thing...(yes christian and belives in reincarnation. It's not too far-fetched though, everyone says Jesus will "come again" someday.) But seriously, if he wanted to "bring us into the flock" he shouldn't have presented his argument like...well...a dumbass :p :worship:

Jesus left because humans are stupid.
Jesus probably lives on some other planet were he can drink,fuck and smoke shit.

WarriorofChrist said:
I want to tell you all that God loves you so much Jesus died on the cross for all sins, past, present and future, He died so you can be seen sinless in the eyes of God, all you have to do is come to Jesus in prayer and repent of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive your sins, and just like that its forgiven.

Jesus has bad timing actually. He missed out on The Matrix.

WarriorofChrist said:
He died so you can be seen sinless in the eyes of God

Why did Jesus have to die for our sins when Jesus is a part of God and God created the world?

the bible and everyone in it, are no more than fairytale characters.....
if it is true, jesus didnt die for us, he died because god murdered him to make him look like a martyr

OfficerNice said:
Jesus has bad timing actually. He missed out on The Matrix.

He's omniscient. He's already seen every film ever made. I couldn't manage that with Kazaa even if I had broadband.

Niklas said:
the bible and everyone in it, are no more than fairytale characters.....
if it is true, jesus didnt die for us, he died because god murdered him to make him look like a martyr
I see noone has the answers to your question so i'll try and answer it.

Christians believe that a part of God(Jesus) took human form and felt the same pain that humans do. At the time it was believed that sacrificing animals would appease sin because their blood was pure because they had never sinned. The ultimate sacrifice was Jesus whos blood was the purest and Jesus being sacrificed appeased all of our sins.

lord667 said:
He's omniscient. He's already seen every film ever made. I couldn't manage that with Kazaa even if I had broadband.

You're forgetting that God isn't human, you're comparing him to human life/lifestyle.

Profånity said:
You're forgetting that God isn't human, you're comparing him to human life/lifestyle.

don't christians usually argue that god is human? They quote the bible as saying "god made us in his image" or something like that...

on a side note, anyone ever read "God's Debris" ?

The whole idea of God being human is constantly unknown to me.. some people state that Jesus was God or is God, and he wa a human.. but others say Jesus is the son of God, and that God made man in his image... God is not human in this idea, but an immortal that created mortals in his image.

Degenerate Machinery said:
don't christians usually argue that god is human? They quote the bible as saying "god made us in his image" or something like that...

God made us in his image, so we may have some of the features of God but the main difference is that God is perfect, humans aren't.

Destroyer Of Orden said:
The whole idea of God being human is constantly unknown to me.. some people state that Jesus was God or is God, and he wa a human.. but others say Jesus is the son of God, and that God made man in his image... God is not human in this idea, but an immortal that created mortals in his image.

God isn't human, he created the human race to resemble himself. Just because something resembles something else, doesn't mean that it has to be the same.

So god is perfect, and we aren't. We are supposed to be god's creation. God's creation is not perfect. Therefore, god's not perfect. :confused:

Back