Jesus died for you

xenophobe said:
Northern Viking, I would show him respect, but WarriorofChrist only posted twice, and cut and pasted the same thing.
Now tell me you never did that...

xenophobe said:
The bible is a storybook, just like Tal says, it's loosely based on history, and has historical significance, but is not a reliable reference for anything.
See, that's what you BELIEVE, and up there you can read what he believes. His beliefs make him post this.. your beliefs make you ridicule him. Now how does that make sense?
I mean, I dont see any other belief or opinion being treated like that, and I bet there are enough people around who believe in what WarriorofChrist wrote there as well.

Im not saying "You bad people, show more respect to Christianity!", Im only saying that the way in which this post was treated bothers me, especially here.

Northern Viking said:
Ah come on folks.. I dont support this Warrior dude at all but you shouldnt ridicule him like this.
I mean, look at you, you're not a bit better than him acting like that. Just leave him alone, show some respect.
I have to agree with you there, at least partially.
I'm a Christian myself (I think it is fair to assume that you aren't), so in a way I do support that guy, but I must say that I find his way to preach the faith pretty much counterproductive. He is a newbie, nobody here knows him (I am aware that the same goes pretty much for me as well) and he posts such a testimony - it's no big surprise that people slaughter him off. It isn't right, but it is really no big surprise and was to be expected.

Northern Viking said:
Ah come on folks.. I dont support this Warrior dude at all but you shouldnt ridicule him like this.
I mean, look at you, you're not a bit better than him acting like that. Just leave him alone, show some respect.

I agree with you. I may be totally against christianity and religions in general, but yet making fun of someone's opinion is not for me the best thing to do. Cause at the end of the day, who is to say what's wrong and what's right? Tomorrow you could be in a similar case like him, telling other people your opinion and i don't think you would like to receive comments like that.

Concusion(??): Should we keep our opinions to ourselves then??

Reactions: Taliesin
Dare Devil said:
I'm a Christian myself (I think it is fair to assume that you aren't)
No Im not :) My best friend is though, and it has taught me great respect.. Actually, I think that there might be a lot more to Christianity that I can see, whether that is real or not doesnt matter much to me.
Dare Devil said:
I must say that I find his way to preach the faith pretty much counterproductive. He is a newbie, nobody here knows him (I am aware that the same goes pretty much for me as well) and he posts such a testimony - it's no big surprise that people slaughter him off. It isn't right, but it is really no big surprise and was to be expected.
It was a surprise to me.. Maybe somewhere else I might have expected this.. and a few sarcastic comments here wouldnt have surprised me much here, either.. but this.. this is sad.

I havent seen anyone ridicule you for anything here, so all I ask is that you dont ridicule anyone either. I never thought this was too much to ask of anyone here.

Oh and I dont think it was spam, he told us what he believes, and he put more effort in it than you did.

TB666 said:
It was spam since he posted then left.
What if he first wanted to tell us about what he believed, then saw how people had reacted, thought it pointless to discuss anything and left? Then, technically, it was the people who posted here who made it spam, if it is spam at all, not the author.
TB666 said:
And I never ridicule him.
Ok, I directed this too harshly at you, I didnt bother to make any difference as to what you had posted and what you didnt, that was my fault, sorry.

Northern Viking said:
What if he first wanted to tell us about what he believed, then saw how people had reacted, thought it pointless to discuss anything and left?

First of all, bringing up christianity on a metal board is just asking for it. It's a fact that there'll be a lot of people who don't like the subject on a metal board. He's making himself target, if he can't take it and leaves, it's his problem.

Second of all the guy is pretty obvious troll and/or a converter and neither of them deserve any respect in my books. Read the post. He's not just "stating his opinion" or "presenting his belief", basically he's telling people to admit that they're sinners and living their life wrong. That's not a way to start a discussion, that's either a troll or a bigot. The whole post is a troll all the way from the topic name. And ridiculing is the only right way to treat a troll.

"Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself." -George Carlin

I think a lot of you critics need to check this out (or read the book):

http://www.the-case-for-christ.com

The author began writing a case against Christ, to put an end to the "myths" of Christianity. He was even an atheist before he started, had numerous degrees in several fields of study and has won awards for his past writings. If you should hear out anyone, hear this guy out - he was an atheist just like many of you.

I think any SPAMMER who would copy and paste something instead of write his own words is deserving of ridicule.

I don't believe in organized religion, it's a step below organized crime, but that's not my point.

I think if his message were so "genuine" he should have posted what he wanted, not some CUT&PASTE sermon to "the evil ones"...

I don't need to be preached to by any means of Spam. It is no different than a mass email spam you would receive in your hotmail account.

Northern Viking said:
Now tell me you never did that...

See, that's what you BELIEVE, and up there you can read what he believes. His beliefs make him post this.. your beliefs make you ridicule him. Now how does that make sense?
I mean, I dont see any other belief or opinion being treated like that, and I bet there are enough people around who believe in what WarriorofChrist wrote there as well.

Im not saying "You bad people, show more respect to Christianity!", Im only saying that the way in which this post was treated bothers me, especially here.
HE IS A SPAMMER. He is not an "interested user here to debate", he cut and pasted this message to two different forums on UM and left". How many other message boards received the same treatment?

If he were TRULY here to discuss something, would I say what I did? Most certainly NOT.

Fourka said:
I agree with you. I may be totally against christianity and religions in general, but yet making fun of someone's opinion is not for me the best thing to do. Cause at the end of the day, who is to say what's wrong and what's right? Tomorrow you could be in a similar case like him, telling other people your opinion and i don't think you would like to receive comments like that.

Concusion(??): Should we keep our opinions to ourselves then??

No. We should give free voice to whatever addle-brained nonsense passes for our opinions, and people should be allowed to ridicule and insult us for it if they want to. I want FREE speech; I demand the right to choose whether I post a well-reasoned hundred-line counter-argument, or just "Poo Poo Head".

If Nietzsche can call John Stuart Mill a "flathead" in his books, then we should all have the right to do the same. Fight for your right to slander!

all you have to do is come to Jesus in prayer
HAHAHA...Don't push your sh!t on me...

'I believe' that God, if there was one in the first place, is dead as feck...Religion these days is about power...Who has the best God and other similar bullshit...It contradicts itself constantly, it belittles/condemns other people and their beliefs...It's just another form of racism really...It shouldn't be about heaven and hell, or sin and repentance, it should be about treating the people you come into contact with during your short life correctly...

SID01 said:
It contradicts itself constantly,

Where?

SID01 said:
it belittles/condemns other people and their beliefs...It's just another form of racism really...

Again, support your claims.

SID01 said:
It shouldn't be about heaven and hell, or sin and repentance, it should be about treating the people you come into contact with during your short life correctly...

Exactly. Unfortunately that's not what many so-called Christians do these days. It's not all about repentence and then do-whatever-you-want either. I try to respect and treat everyone equally, but personal attacks can be so aggravating that it's hard sometimes. And you're telling me its not ironic for atheists to tell us Christians to be more tolerant? HA! You're just as intolerant as you say we are. Obviously you cannot achieve an "equillibrium" and still have faith, because you would not worship a god if you think he's no better (or worse) than anyone else's.

Reactions: Taliesin