Joey and Journey BRING BACK BUSH !!!!!!!

metalmarkk

New Metal Member
Jun 20, 2010
tucumcari
Did anyone see the clip of Joey singing journey?? That shows you right there his heart isn't in metal let alone thrash metal. I am gonna have to agree with Henry Rollins " never trust anyone who has Journey in there tape case" for you youngsters out there,cd case!!!

Did anyone see the clip of Joey singing journey?? That shows you right there his heart isn't in metal let alone thrash metal. I am gonna have to agree with Henry Rollins " never trust anyone who has Journey in there tape case" for you youngsters out there,cd case!!!

Joey is a great singer,but I agree he's not very metal, at least not in a aggressive way.

Were you the guy that was helping JohnnieCzech insert the dildo into his ass while holding up the poster of John Bush at the recent Sonisphere show? Or were you the guy that was caught masturbating in the mens bathroom to a photo of John Bush in Revolver magazine? Either way nice post. Very original.

Joey is a great singer,but I agree he's not very metal, at least not in a aggressive way.

Yeah I agree, I mean Spreading The Disease, Among The Living, Persistence of time those albums have almost no Metal qualities to them.

At least when John Bush came in the band started playing Brutal thrash metal.

i guess covering U2's 'Exit' and The Police's 'Next To You' and writing songs like 'Safe Home', 'Bare', 'Black Lodge', 'Toast', 'Harms Way', 'Pieces',...does make one soooo metal, in it's most aggressive way.

Well, if one prefers a more aggressive vocal style, then there are plenty of options out there. There are tons of bands who do that thing.

Anthrax with Joey are different from that pack in that they play aggressive music with less aggressive vocals. Some people like it, some people don't - but it's something that seperates them from other bands within the genre and gives them a distinct character.

It makes them stand out. That's a good thing, isn't it?

Agreed but, man, John Bush isn't agressive either, what do people here mean by agressive anyway? Anthrax has never been a really agressive band, that's not their strenght. If you wanna hear angry music go listen to Pantera, Slayer, Sodom, Dark Angel, Razor, Morbid Saint, old Kreator or Death Metal or whatever....

John Bush sounds melodic in a more grungy way, more bluesy he's not a second fucking Tom Araya. I like his vocals with AS but agressive? come on....

Agreed but, man, John Bush isn't agressive either, what do people here mean by agressive anyway?
Bush's scream in the intro of Refuse to Be Denied... :)

But I think that Spacebeer has a point. Anthrax have never really been agressive in the Pantera-sense. Not with Joey nor with John.

If anything, I think Anthrax became more melodic during the Bush era. In addition they slowed down and became more groove oriented.

it looks like some people on this board think 'Crush', 'Nothing', 'Refuse To Be Denied', 'Fueled', 'Killing Box', 'Strap It On',... are the most aggressive songs ever written and i have to admit compared to Justin Bieber it's pretty heavy, heavy as f**k, f***in' broootal!!! but how would they react if they heard Brain Drill, Dying Fetus, Nile, Suffocation, Deeds Of Flesh,...? those bands could be described as 'heavy', 'aggressive' or 'brutal'.

Were you the guy that was helping JohnnieCzech insert the dildo into his ass while holding up the poster of John Bush at the recent Sonisphere show? Or were you the guy that was caught masturbating in the mens bathroom to a photo of John Bush in Revolver magazine? Either way nice post. Very original.

Says the guy taking in the ass by one drag queen and sucking off the other drag queen while masterbating to belladonna singing journey, wait those were'nt drag queens they were Rob Halford and Bruce Dickerson.

Here we go again with the sinking to the name calling lol

Agreed but, man, John Bush isn't agressive either, what do people here mean by agressive anyway? Anthrax has never been a really agressive band, that's not their strenght. If you wanna hear angry music go listen to Pantera, Slayer, Sodom, Dark Angel, Razor, Morbid Saint, old Kreator or Death Metal or whatever....

John Bush sounds melodic in a more grungy way, more bluesy he's not a second fucking Tom Araya. I like his vocals with AS but agressive? come on....

I can't agree enough. People seem to forget that when John Bush came into the band they lost their THRASH element. They went more Grungy, and ultimately into a power grove direction. They were trying their best to rip off Pantera on Stomp and Vol 8 and failed miserably. They were much less heavy than they were before. POT was heavier than anything the have done with Bush and vocally was fairly 'aggressive' for Joey's standards.

All these people think John Bush is the next Max Cavalera and its ridiculous. John Bush is not an aggressive vocalist. He may try to act like Phil Anselmo on stage but he certainly doesn't sound like him.

I want Anthrax to sound like Anthrax and not try to sound like every other Lamb of God sounding band out there right now