Joey and Journey BRING BACK BUSH !!!!!!!

But the John Bush era albums are full of well written, well performed songs, with great production. If you aren't into the style of music, .

Great Production? Stomp and vol 8 are great productions? This is Anthrax we are speaking of here. Can you at least understand that Anthrax changed their style of music almost overnight. It wasn't some kind of natural progression. If you have followed Anthrax since long before SOWN you would see this. The vocalist doesn't have much to do with it as you think.

Anthrax HAD a unique style. They were different than almost all other Thrash bands. Next thing you know they are playing power groove / pantera wanna be sounding songs. John Bush is not that aggressive. Again if I wanted to hear aggressive I would go listen to Phil Anselmo himself, or take it a step further and go listen to Sepultura. I grew up listening to metal and am huge fan of death and thrash metal. When I hear Anthrax do Only or Safe Home I want to vomit.

While I do like John Bush's voice i would never associate him with being 'aggressive'. That argument just doesn't fit well with me. If Sepultura needed a new singer John Bush wouldn't be on my list of possible replacements. Or Testament, Exodus, or any other "Agressive" Thrash band

When John Bush joined the band they started writing songs that were much less aggressive than anything they did previously with Joey. So why would the band bring in an 'aggressive' vocalist but then change their music to be far less 'aggressive' than it was before he joined the band?

You would think if they wanted to bring in an 'aggressive' singer they would have at least backed it up by writing songs that were more aggressive than before he joined the band.

Great Production? Stomp and vol 8 are great productions?

Yes, the production is fantastic. Amazing drum tones, the kick and snare and toms all sound heavy as hell. Great thick heavy guitar sounds and vocals.

This is Anthrax we are speaking of here. Can you at least understand that Anthrax changed their style of music almost overnight. It wasn't some kind of natural progression. If you have followed Anthrax since long before SOWN you would see this. The vocalist doesn't have much to do with it as you think.

I personally don't care that they changed their style. Great music is great music.

Anthrax HAD a unique style. They were different than almost all other Thrash bands. Next thing you know they are playing power groove / pantera wanna be sounding songs.

They don't sound like Pantera. Pantera used tons of double bass and had really biting guitar tones. Anthrax had more rounded guitar sounds, and if anything, Charlie started playing even more simplistic stuff than before (up until some of WCFYA when he started using more doublebass again).

John Bush is not that aggressive. Again if I wanted to hear aggressive I would go listen to Phil Anselmo himself, or take it a step further and go listen to Sepultura.

He's more aggressive than Joey. And I don't care about his aggression. I love his voice, period. Perfect metal voice...he has the biting edge/growl to his voice, some depth and balls, without becoming a cookie-monster wannabe...still sings the songs, but without being too sing-songy.

I grew up listening to metal and am huge fan of death and thrash metal. When I hear Anthrax do Only or Safe Home I want to vomit.

And that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But just because you have one opinion and I have another, it doesn't mean that I'm wrong. They're great songs. Not great thrash songs...but thrash is a severely limited genre, at those tempos it's all been done before. You can only do that for so long without sounding like you're repeating yourself.

But the John Bush era albums are full of well written, well performed songs

i don't think so! i'm not focused on heavy music, i also listen to softer stuff if it's done properly and if i feel that it's comin' from the heart. SOWN is a perfect record IMO and John Bush's vocals on that record are really very strong. Unfortunately Stomp is only half decent, there are some good songs like 'Random Acts', 'Fueled', 'Bare' but the rest is just average, i never could get into Vol. 8 although i listened to it hundreds of times, it hasn't grown on me, the same goes for WCFYA, the only songs i like are 'What Doesn't Die', 'Anyplace But Here', 'Black Dahlia', 'Superhero' and 'Caddillac Rock Box' are ok but i could do without the rest.

Love him or hate him the fact that the dude can flat out sing and has one of the most versatile voices on the planet. Only a small percentage of people on the planet could even attempt a Journey some let alone do it justice.

Look at just what the guy has done in the last couple months ... That Tom Sawyer rendition in NYC, The Journey Karaoke thing in fla, The RJD "Man on the Silver Mountain" acoustic deal at RJD's memorial, rejoining Anthrax on like two weeks notice and not only knocking the old stuff out but whopping ass bushthrax as well in front of oh...just a few million people and theaters across the world.

Not too many could do that.

So I ask, as you critique who and who is not "metal" try to remember that Joey B is out there doing it and living it, are you? Or sitting by on your couch pounding 40's wishing you were?

no, Darin Scott played guitars on that album, Paul Crook wrote some songs with Joey for the album and it was produced by Alex Perialas with Joey, i like it, it's definitely Joey's best solo-album.