joey sturgis ssd snare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well thanks to everyone who tried to help, the reason for this thread alone was that i have ssd 3. LE and was trying to figure out wether to upgrade to platinum, i know it wont "just work" i wasnt aiming to just put it in and hope for the best, purley wanted to know wether i had it or not.

And also the reason i asked about joey, wasnt to straight up copy him, its cuase joey is the only guy i know who makes SSD sounds like wet dreams!

But thanks to everyone who helped.

you're wrong

That is why I said "I think", I don't listen to your stuff, I just remember hearing something about snare 12.

I gave a simple reply instead of slamming him with insults that was mostly going to happen by a majority of the members on this forum

That is why I said "I think", I don't listen to your stuff, I just remember hearing something about snare 12.

I gave a simple reply instead of slamming him with insults that was mostly going to happen by a majority of the members on this forum

Is an answer based on "hearing something about" something without actual knowledge really more helpful though? It kind of breaks down the same in the end doesn't it? I know you were trying to be polite and helpful...just pointing out a flaw in the logic. It's good that Joey dispelled it b/c otherwise the wrong information would be accepted by many as true.

I know it has been mentioned a bazillion times that Joey uses 12a fairly often so it wasn't just him talking out of his ass. Maybe it was the Prada record, I KNOW I've seen Joey post on this board himself stating he used 12a on something so give the dude a break.

for the user who was referring to the 1.5 samples (from 2007), be aware that not only is it less then 50% of the current stuff in 3.5, but NONE of the snares in 1.5 are the same and have been reprocessed 3 times with the 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 updates. The current crop are way more open, punchy, and hifi, FYI.

As for Joey's samples, I'd agree that unless you have Joey mixing it, it probably won't matter because I believe he tweaks it to his taste.

March 1st is correct for our estimated release date.. my PM to Andy was simply to continue our discussion on the origins of the Mandarin dialect in ancient China..

^lol.

i tend to hate joeys snares. they dont sound like snares to me. like the whole mixes he does are awesome but its just the snare that lets it all down for me.

I guess I'm just tired of hearing endless streams of people talking about Slate drums. In my experience they're REALLY not that impressive (I bought them), and it continues to baffle me why such a huge amount of "engineers" on here seem to have no desire whatsoever to try to record and process their own samples. Why not do something unique but equally powerful sounding? ....
Yes, but I guess you forgot to mention that plenty of enginners do not have great sounding rooms as the NRG or SSD are. I personaly have a small totaly damped "dead" place. And using the slate samples helps me to add that huge vibe and life in to my drums. I blend them with original recorded tracks and that helps A LOT. Anyway I think SSD sound great even on treir own, no other drum sample libraries served me that good. And I'm looking forward to get a Bricasti M7 processed samples in the nearest update, as it has been mentioned by Slate previously ))

Status
Not open for further replies.