Joey Vera: I cannot imagine Anthrax without John

jackfromczech

Feb 13, 2002
This is a part of the interview (from Spark) I promised to post here yesterday:

SPARK: My last question will be stale but what about John and Anthrax?

Joey Vera: I don't think John feels extremely bad about the whole thing. Rather than that he regrets the whole situation very much. He put a lot of his effort in Anthrax and he doesn't deserve to be treated like this. However, he takes it well and he doesn't yield to depressions. John has overcome a lot of obstacles in his life, trust me, his life has never been easy. The way how he's been managing this situation just proves that he's immensely strong inside. We're all on his side. I don't know about you but I cannot imagine Anthrax without John. I think the matter will be settled soon. They try to solve it rationally and fortunately they still need to have a talk.

He also said that there was no plan to record a new Armored Saint album now.

jackfromczech said:
This is a part of the interview (from Spark) I promised to post here yesterday:

SPARK: My last question will be stale but what about John and Anthrax?

Joey Vera: I don't think John feels extremely bad about the whole thing. Rather than that he regrets the whole situation very much. He put a lot of his effort in Anthrax and he's unworthy to be handled like this. However, he takes it well and he doesn't yield to depressions. John has overcome pretty much holdbacks in his life, trust me, his life has never been easy. The way how he's been managing this situation just proves that he's immensely strong inside. We're all on his side. I don't know what about you but I cannot imagine Anthrax without John. I think the matter will be settled soon. They try to solve it rationally and fortunately they still need to have a talk.

He also said that there was no plan to record a new Armored Saint album now.

Good translation - you're English is fine and where you made mistakes I get the point. Thanks for posting.

Joey Vera :headbang:

was there a bad blood between John and Anthrax? I think Joey sounds whinny when he sings now. I used to love the old thrax days, but after John came and song those old hits, it was like Joey who?
Peace out

No more John makes me sad. But like I have said before...... its all just full circle and maybe the end of the road..

I was at the Warped Tour yesterday and had about 2 minutes alone with Page [Hamilton] from HELMET and asked him some hard hitting questions about Frankie reuniting with Anthrax, Ect: I don't think he was bullshiting me when he told me he had no idea what was (or is) going on in the Anthrax Camp, or why Frankie originally left Anthrax, but he did tell me he didn't know which singer he liked better, John or Joey, he said "They are both good."

Anthrax Dude said:
was there a bad blood between John and Anthrax? I think Joey sounds whinny when he sings now. I used to love the old thrax days, but after John came and song those old hits, it was like Joey who?
Peace out
+1

that's what kinda sucks about the whole thing...joey from the 80's and early 90's and john with strong pipes after joey...it's like the paul dianno and bruce dickinson thing with maiden..except john is like the dickinson and joey is like dianno...and most people would agree that dickinson is the best singer maiden has ever had...john kicks ass as a singer love his voice but joey imop isn't so shabby...hmm..i don't know...

Joey reminds me of those Mesh shoes back in the 80's.
They were really cool back then, but I'd never wear them today.

The only Anthrax I have ever really listened to is the Joey era Anthrax and whenever I hear a John Bush era song, I can never really get into it. Not sure if I have just not heard enough of John or what, but I really prefer Joey. I feel his style fits the music better.

Well if Saint doesnt do a new album and Bush doesnt go back to Thrax i hope he gets his own band together and does something solo like that.

I can't believe it. One of these threads die, and another one pops up. This is wrong dammit!:heh: