John Bush to join Velver Revolver???

Mack Arillo

New Metal Member
Feb 13, 2009
I just listened to Duff McKagan's Feb 12 interview on the Opie and Anthony show.

From what he said I'm thinking John Bush is the new Velvet Revolver vocalist.

I decided to head over here to see what the Anthrax maniacs think of this.

Can you shoot this one down? Or do you think it's plausible?

Info and MP3 here.

Whaddya think!?!?!

I think he's a killer choice.

...I don't see anything at all that points that it's John Bush. Duff's friend from Anthrax told him that the guy is killer - they didn't say the singer was from Anthrax, just the friend who said the guy they are going to use is killer.

I don't know how well it would work (and John is my favorite singer, so I don't mean to say that as disrespect). He's got the perfect metal voice, not so much a voice that would work in a band like VR. The dude from Spacehog fits the "relatively well known" thing just as much as John. But I suppose stranger things have happened?

John Bush singing in Velvet Revolver would make them suck a whole lot less, that's for sure. I'd buy it and go to the show...Plus it would help pad his pockets a bit. Dude needs the recognition that he deserves.

I don't think he has the voice for VR. Bush is Metal all the way. When I think of him singing Bare off Stomp, I cringe a little. He has to much power in his voice for VR.
Actually I always thought that was what John was so great at, both the power and clean melodic stuff. I love his singing on Bare and Black Lodge, whereas Joey's singing on N.F.B. just had no depth to me. I don't think Joey could have sung a serious song like that, but N.F.B. was a joke song anyway so it worked. I would LOVE to see John in V.R., his voice needs to be heard by everyone (other than BK commercials). I wish him the best of luck.

Actually I always thought that was what John was so great at, both the power and clean melodic stuff. I love his singing on Bare and Black Lodge, whereas Joey's singing on N.F.B. just had no depth to me. I don't think Joey could have sung a serious song like that, but N.F.B. was a joke song anyway so it worked. I would LOVE to see John in V.R., his voice needs to be heard by everyone (other than BK commercials). I wish him the best of luck.

Hands down he did good on Black Lodge, but Bare was hard to listen to. go to the part as fallows in the song "The Circumstance That Ive Been Feed, Leaving Questions In My Head" Its bad man. I love his voice, just not on that song. Maybe it was a rushed song, and didn't take time to correct mistakes?

It probably was rushed.

Regardless of that, listen to some of the singing he did on Armored Saint's Symbol Of Salvation. It was GREAT. Yeah, he doesn't have the range that he did back then, but it shows he is a capable singer.

I really like him on the acoustic version of Safe Home from the import of WCFYA, too.

But I don't think he is right for VR.

Hands down he did good on Black Lodge, but Bare was hard to listen to. go to the part as fallows in the song "The Circumstance That Ive Been Feed, Leaving Questions In My Head" Its bad man. I love his voice, just not on that song. Maybe it was a rushed song, and didn't take time to correct mistakes?
Yeah I know what you're sayin' on that one, maybe they didn't spend much time on it. But the quality of his melodic voice definitely shines on many tracks, especially Saint stuff, the man can sing anything. If he joins VR, I'll actually go to one of their shows!