Jon Schaffer vs. BW&BK: you decide...

As I said on the Nevermore board...Jon Schaffer ran away from home at 16 and spent his life playing music. Noam Chomsky (who is much older, to use Jon's own logic) spent his life studying the world political situation in-depth. And yet, Schaffer knows more about politics than Chomsky because "he lives in the real world." I bet the only reason anyone listens to Chomsky is because of the liberal media, right?

SHUT THE FUCK UP, SCHAFFER.

I don't know about Chomsky, but if he's like alot of ultra-leftists he might be a nut. There was some uber-leftist environmentalist that figured that there would be huge famine and the death of the human race sometime in the seventies. We sure know how THAT one turned out. His name was like Lachman, or Lichman or Lichen or something like that. Some of those liberals are just plain nuts.

(NOTE: Not all liberals are dickheads. Just the uber-left left ones that have absolutely no commonsense. Just because I spoke up about how ultra-liberals are idiots, doesn't mean that there aren't stupid ultra-rightists. Just look at the KKK. They are some of the dumbest conservative bitches this world has ever seen. Not all liberals are ultra-left. If you have no morals, blame someone else for all your screw-ups, are extremely selfish, have no mind of your own (i.e. just go with the flow) never admit when you are wrong, and are ultra-PC (politically correct) then you are an insane ultra liberal and a severe threat to society. If you use religious texts (such as the Bible, or the Koran) to justify wrongful acts, always think you are wright, hate others based on race, religion and such, are extremely ignorant by choice, and refuse change even for the better, then you are an extreme rightist and a severe threat to society. I have just covered both extremes of the political spectrum. And remember, you can please all of the people some of the time, or you can please some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.)

Chomsky is a college professor, writer, and one of the most respected political writers in the world. It may not seem so in the mainstream US, but the guy knows his shit.

There's assholes and lunatics on both sides of the spectrum, but they're not always so easy to define.

I read the interview in the magazine last night. I then recalled this thread, and read the original interview. The BW&BK editing staff did not fuck with Schaffer's words. They removed shit to the extent that it would fit in the magazine, but got it right. Remove the full page ad for The Glorious Burden, then maybe the interview could have fit un-edited. I somehow doubt that Schaffer would have wanted that trade...

I can agree with Schaffer on a number of points, but even I know the root of his bitching doesn't reside with some editing.

Also, I bought his 4-song mini-CD prequl to The Glorious Burden, and I didn't like it...