Jordpuls artwork's mistake?

Still, same origin. What's the exact meaning of venster in Dutch?

But that thing is, Lefay, that it actually makes sense. So I'm wondering if it's a typo or if Andreas did it on purpose.

Because it'd be "the forest is sleeping", and then "the forest sleeps". *intrigued*

i don't get what you're saying.
i mean, it had some sense if it was "skogens sömn" so you can traslate it with " the forest's sleep" but "sover" is the present tense of "sova" "to sleep" so it doesn't make much sense with the genitive. or am i wrong? :confused:

Still, same origin. What's the exact meaning of venster in Dutch?

But that thing is, Lefay, that it actually makes sense. So I'm wondering if it's a typo or if Andreas did it on purpose.

Because it'd be "the forest is sleeping", and then "the forest sleeps". *intrigued*

A 'venster' is an opening in the wall and consists of a frame with an appropriate window. Well, I can't really explain the difference because this can be the defenition of a window too. :p

Wouldn't that be "sleeping forest"? Makes perfect sense to me.

but how you can translate "skogens sover" into " the sleeping forest" ????
"sovande skogen" will be "the sleeping forest", i think.
skogen, the forest, should be the subject and sover the present tense. wrinting skogens is like to write "of the forest" how can you fit it with sover?

but how you can translate "skogens sover" into " the sleeping forest" ????
"sovande skogen" will be "the sleeping forest", i think.
skogen, the forest, should be the subject and sover the present tense. wrinting skogens is like to write "of the forest" how can you fit it with sover?

Oh I beg your pardon, perhaps I should've specified that "sleeping forest" is what the Google translator said.

A 'venster' is an opening in the wall and consists of a frame with an appropriate window. Well, I can't really explain the difference because this can be the definition of a window too. :p

Hmm yeah, pretty much… :lol: .

The extra "s" must be a misstake.
Otherwise, the lyrics would mean:

"The forests' sleep" -> "The forest is sleep"

Case closed.

i tried to explain him , but he didn't believe me. :( :lol:
he will believe you 'cause you're swedish!

i tried to explain him , but he didn't believe me. :( :lol:
he will believe you 'cause you're swedish!

Hehe, great! :rolleyes:

If you're going to use the extra "s" after "skogen" - you can't put "sover" afterwards. It's as simple as that. Then you would have to use something like "Skogens Sömn" instead - meaning "The forest's sleep"

Hehe, great! :rolleyes:

If you're going to use the extra "s" after "skogen" - you can't put "sover" afterwards. It's as simple as that. Then you would have to use something like "Skogens Sömn" instead - meaning "The forest's sleep"

i mean, it had some sense if it was "skogens sömn" so you can traslate it with " the forest's sleep" but "sover" is the present tense of "sova" "to sleep" so it doesn't make much sense with the genitive.

MOLLIE96.gif.pagespeed.ce.BjQwC-go1S.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: . Yes, I didn't believe 'cause you're Italian. Meh not really, the thing is that Google's translation (I think most of you missed that) said it meant "The forest is sleeping". I figured skogens sover [thank you tobz] was wrong, but thanks for explaining it Lefay and Draugen.

So this takes me to another issue: So many mistakes in the lyrics! Wonder what happened.