Jordpuls artwork's mistake?

o_O wow, that sucks. Not really the artwork but the booklet, yet it still sucks.

it's a little consolation, but we will have the first wrong print!
when it will be re-released this version maybe will become more worthy :p
it's like when they change the artwork, first editions are always wanted, like for tyr's erik the red, i've first print and i've seen it on sale at a quite high price for a used cd (25/30 euro, when used cds are usually sold at 10-15 euro)

it's a little consolation, but we will have the first wrong print!
when it will be re-released this version maybe will become more worthy :p
it's like when they change the artwork, first editions are always wanted, like for tyr's erik the red, i've first print and i've seen it on sale at a quite high price for a used cd (25/30 euro, when used cds are usually sold at 10-15 euro)

:p true, I've the first release of DT's "Enter Suicidal Angels"; it's a misprint that well… doesn't have anything on the booklet. At all. It's just blank. Hee hee at least here we got the booklet with the lyrics.

yepp...correct...you'll have the first edition with that misstake:)

mr V

Haha yeah :) ; can you please post the lyrics? Thanks!

I don't really care for how rare the first edition might become......isn't something like that annoying? :yell: Especially for the artist? There must be someone whos supposed to check before printing? Unfortunately Jordpuls isn't the first and it probably won't be the last album where something like that happens (latest annoyance for me: tracklist of Evergreys last album messed up. I really hate that! :bah: )

I don't really care for how rare the first edition might become......isn't something like that annoying? :yell: Especially for the artist? There must be someone whos supposed to check before printing? Unfortunately Jordpuls isn't the first and it probably won't be the last album where something like that happens (latest annoyance for me: tracklist of Evergreys last album messed up. I really hate that! :bah: )

I couldn't agree more. I would scream in agony if I found something like that in my band's booklet. I also found a couple of minor spelling-errors in the lyrics to "Jordpuls" which is something that annoys the hell out of me - but then again, perhaps doesen't bother Andreas at all :p

I couldn't agree more. I would scream in agony if I found something like that in my band's booklet. I also found a couple of minor spelling-errors in the lyrics to "Jordpuls" which is something that annoys the hell out of me - but then again, perhaps doesen't bother Andreas at all :p

yes, he didn't seem to be worried or annoyed! :p
i thought he was a perfetionist, but i remember i've read an interview some time ago in which he told he could not desperate about things out of his control, like this. he has no kind of fault so being annoyed doens't change the error in the booklet. it's a good lesson of positive way of thinking :)

Loooving it!!!

Question:

My Firefox Svenska dictionary says that »skiftingsfönster« is misspelled and should be »skiftningsfönster«, any insights on this?

Interesting because the first means "shift's window" and the second is "tinged window", at least according to Google translate.

Certainly something with a window since it has fönster in it, which comes from Latin meaning "window". So the question is whether it is "skiftings" or "skiftnings".

• Side note:

(Etymological story of defenestrate is that some guys threw a couple of Catholic Popes out the window from the third floor of a church. They survived, the Catholics said because of divine intervention, but the Protestant stated it was because they landed on some manure. Ha! So de = "out of" and fenestra = "window". By the by, this started the 30 Years War, one of the most destructive wars in European history.)

Loooving it!!!

Question:

My Firefox Svenska dictionary says that »skiftingsfönster« is misspelled and should be »skiftningsfönster«, any insights on this?

Interesting because the first means "shift's window" and the second is "tinged window", at least according to Google translate.

Certainly something with a window since it has fönster in it, which comes from Latin meaning "window". So the question is whether it is "skiftings" or "skiftnings".

This remembers me to our word 'venster' which sounds almost the same. But it is not an exact synonym for 'window'.

Skogen sover chorus':

Skogens sover

then

skogen sover (no "s").

Was this on purpose?

i think this is wrong, since the ending "s" is used to make the genitive form, like the " 's" in english, or used in some particular forms like till + s (till fjalls)

about skiftning, i thought it meant something like shade, hue :)

edit: translating the phrase it doesn't sound bad "a view through world's hued window "

This remembers me to our word 'venster' which sounds almost the same. But it is not an exact synonym for 'window'.

Still, same origin. What's the exact meaning of venster in Dutch?

i think this is wrong, since the ending "s" is used to make the genitive form, like the " 's" in english, or used in some particular forms like till + s (till fjalls)

about skiftning, i thought it meant something like shade, hue :)

edit: translating the phrase it doesn't sound bad "a view through world's hued window "

But that thing is, Lefay, that it actually makes sense. So I'm wondering if it's a typo or if Andreas did it on purpose.

Because it'd be "the forest is sleeping", and then "the forest sleeps". *intrigued*