The New album Title

draugen, you're like a well of surprises and lost wisdom when it comes to vintersorg!!!!!

i haven't read those texts yet, but i suppose that the traslation of skogen sover is " the forest sleeps" and not "sleeping in the forest"

i think this title fits very well with the cover....and with all those suppositions we made about the possible meaning!

draugen, you're like a well of surprises and lost wisdom when it comes to vintersorg!!!!!

i haven't read those texts yet, but i suppose that the traslation of skogen sover is " the forest sleeps" and not "sleeping in the forest"

i think this title fits very well with the cover....and with all those suppositions we made about the possible meaning!

I think you're right but still the lyrics can deal with his reflections about sleeping in the forest. I remember he lived in the forest for a year.

I really like that interpretation :)

But what about the songtitles then?
1. Världsalltets fanfar
2. Klippor och skär
3. Till dånet av forsar och fall
4. Mörk nebulosa
5. Stjärndyrkan
6. Skogen sover
7. Vindögat
8. Palissader
9. Eld och lågor

I really like to dissect this. Bear in mind that the first songtitle "Världsalltets Fanfar" is directly from the lyrics to "Månskensmän". Title-wise this really feels like a combination of the lyrics from "Solens Rötter" and "Cosmic Genesis" - lots of space-references as well as enviromental.

But the real question here is if the 6th track "Skogen Sover" has the same lyrics as the one that appeared on the official Vintersorg-page aeons ago? And the funny thing about that (which I'm sure I've written in numerous other threads :p) is the fact that lyric was supposed to be the original lyrics to the song "Cosmic Genesis" - and the "Döpt In En Jökelsjö"-lyrics was originally meant for the music of "Astral And Arcane". Anyway, I found the lyrics on my old harddrive. Not sure if it's the one that's going to be on "Jordpuls", but a cool curiousity anyway. Oh, and there were one other apart from the two just mentioned called "Marken Doftar Ålderdom".

The entire .txt-file is text copied straight from the old homepage.
HERE!

Oh wow thanks a lot!!! I guess Andreas has a stock of lyrics and songs hahaha.

I really like that interpretation :)

But what about the songtitles then?
1. Världsalltets fanfar
2. Klippor och skär
3. Till dånet av forsar och fall
4. Mörk nebulosa
5. Stjärndyrkan
6. Skogen sover
7. Vindögat
8. Palissader
9. Eld och lågor

I really like to dissect this. Bear in mind that the first songtitle "Världsalltets Fanfar" is directly from the lyrics to "Månskensmän". Title-wise this really feels like a combination of the lyrics from "Solens Rötter" and "Cosmic Genesis" - lots of space-references as well as enviromental.

But the real question here is if the 6th track "Skogen Sover" has the same lyrics as the one that appeared on the official Vintersorg-page aeons ago? And the funny thing about that (which I'm sure I've written in numerous other threads :p) is the fact that lyric was supposed to be the original lyrics to the song "Cosmic Genesis" - and the "Döpt In En Jökelsjö"-lyrics was originally meant for the music of "Astral And Arcane". Anyway, I found the lyrics on my old harddrive. Not sure if it's the one that's going to be on "Jordpuls", but a cool curiousity anyway. Oh, and there were one other apart from the two just mentioned called "Marken Doftar Ålderdom".

The entire .txt-file is text copied straight from the old homepage.
HERE!

It's the old lyric that I've modified and developed a bit...I actually write stuff all the time just for the pleasure of writing and sometimes I pick up some of it later....the other you mentioned is also a potential new song in the future...we'll see.

I think the lyrics on the new piece is a combination of the past and some new angles upon the classic themes.

mr V

It's the old lyric that I've modified and developed a bit...I actually write stuff all the time just for the pleasure of writing and sometimes I pick up some of it later....the other you mentioned is also a potential new song in the future...we'll see.

I think the lyrics on the new piece is a combination of the past and some new angles upon the classic themes.

mr V

Heh, I knew it! :D
Sounds really promising

Really interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing those lyrics. I used Google translation and I think the Skogen Sover offers some really inspiring reflections about sleeping in the forests? I would love to read an English translation, anyone? :) *try to look cute at Draugen*

Sleeping in the forest is great! :zzz:

Thy will is my command - sort of... ;)
Not the best translation, since I hurried quite a lot - but one gets the picture I think.
http://www.skald.se/Vinterpoems%20ENG.txt

I think you're right but still the lyrics can deal with his reflections about sleeping in the forest. I remember he lived in the forest for a year.

i've read it somewhere, but i wasn't sure it was true, or a sort of "gossip" :D
so... did he really live in the woods? :yow: sounds very impressive and fascinating...and for how long? now that you tell me this, i think i remember something about a cabin....

Thy will is my command - sort of... ;)
Not the best translation, since I hurried quite a lot - but one gets the picture I think.
http://www.skald.se/Vinterpoems%20ENG.txt

Thanks man! :tickled: <- couldn't find a kissing smiley, haha!

Mr. V is a great romanticist! Those lyrics are in a way really recognizable but also inspiring.
I like that part about owls. Normally when watching birds I'm not aware of the sound of the moving wings. But when you see an owl flying you 'hear' the silence of his wings when sweeping.

The forest is asleep!
Calm, heavy with fate and suggestive

Also this part pictures the moment perfectly. A sleeping forest is always exciting. Well, the forest awake too but in a different way. :)

i've read it somewhere, but i wasn't sure it was true, or a sort of "gossip" :D
so... did he really live in the woods? :yow: sounds very impressive and fascinating...and for how long? now that you tell me this, i think i remember something about a cabin....

Yes, at least he spoke about it in a interview for the Dutch magazine Aardschok. It was at the time Ödemarkens Son was released. Vintersorg stated that this album deals with the reflections of these times.

Some quotes from 'A statement from a Naturechild':
I was under this beautiful lady's majestic spell while I was composing the songs on this piece.

The lyric themes includes some folklore inspired tales, nature romantic celebrations & my own reflections over the hard life in old times.

I think this subject is worth a new thread! :)

the cover photo on metal archives has been changed, so changed also my photo up there taken from that site.
now it's really bigger and well detailed!

someone wrote on the borky forum that kris verwimp did the artwork.
i didn't know who he is, so i googled and i find out he's the artist who made some cool viking covers, like manegarm ones, glittertind, moonsorrow.
this makes me think and hope for something really old style.
it would be a dream that comes true!
luv.png

I've been doing the Vintersorg MySpace since there's been one. I got the official nod from the label and Mr. V, so it goes forward. I'll be redesigning it as soon as I get my grubby little mitts on the artwork and promo photos.

Nice, congrats! Are you making a FB too? Kind of pointless of creating a MySpace now, if you want my opinion.

oooh can't wait...

please put a lot of glittery pink stuff in there too...nah just kidding
it's a shame the layout was messed up... i loved how it looked it was all professional and stuff

Someone else has taken a facebook page, but there's not much one can do about that at this point. I will do what I can. I know that people don't use MySpace as much, but they do still use it and if you put up tracks there, they will still go there to hear it so long as the news gets out.