Joy Division

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Anyone else into Joy Division? They're perhaps my favorite non-metal band even with just 2 full albums. I just love the combination of Ian Curtis' melancholy Jim Morrison-like voice, the post-punk innovative yet simplistic genius of the songs, with strong bass lines--well the bass is essentially the lead guitar, the drums, and perfect use of synthesizers.

Anyone have a favorite Joy Division song? I personally love She's Lost Control.

Reactions: Mr_Haze
Big Fan. She's lost control is one of my favourites too.

Which version do you prefer?

I like both. :)

You know I dont have the single for that song. I have like 4 versions of Love Will Tear Us Apart (another fantastic song), but only one of She's Lost Control.

The guitar driven version is on Unknown pleasures, so one assumes that is the original. Substance (which is a singles collection, I think) has the keyboard driven version.

Both are very good.

Love will tear us apart is a great song. Did you ever listen to much New Order? They continued as a great band after Curtis's death.

Curtis was quite the fellow. Everything about Joy Division and Curtis is completely thrilling. A film is being made about him, which is most exciting, if done correctly.

The guitar driven version is on Unknown pleasures, so one assumes that is the original. Substance (which is a singles collection, I think) has the keyboard driven version.

Both are very good.

Love will tear us apart is a great song. Did you ever listen to much New Order? They continued as a great band after Curtis's death.

Curtis was quite the fellow. Everything about Joy Division and Curtis is completely thrilling. A film is being made about him, which is most exciting, if done correctly.

Yeah, I read about the film. He and his wife were certaintly interesting people, and worthy of a movie.

But I will try to find this keyboard driven version. I have Unknown, Closer, and Still, but not this Substance compilation. I thought Still was the compilation, hehe.

I prefer Joy Division to New Order, but I like New Order. I understand they were going to go in the New Order direction anyway had Ian not offed himself.

Substance at Amazon.com

Check that link out. It's a great collection of tracks.

I think you're right, they were heading for the New Order direction anyways. I'm glad you've brought this up because Joy Division are on of my favourite bands, and I have not listened to them in quite a while. I'm also now interested in picking up a good biography of the band/Curtis.

Substance at Amazon.com

Check that link out. It's a great collection of tracks.

I think you're right, they were heading for the New Order direction anyways. I'm glad you've brought this up because Joy Division are on of my favourite bands, and I have not listened to them in quite a while. I'm also now interested in picking up a good biography of the band/Curtis.

Ill have to pick it up.

Joy Division gets constant weekly play from me. I suppose the songs just always resonated, and I love them so much, I have to play one or two every week--and have done so for sometime.

interpol is a great band that sounds liek them

songs like
pda
leif erickson

...thse sound just like them

on there album antics it is toatally differnt but a master pieace

Isolation, Decades, She's Lost Control, Atmosphere, Transmission, New Dawn Fades, and countless others are all classic songs. Great fucking band.

Reactions: speed
Love Will Tear Us Apart...This song is simply amazing, awakens the saddest love feelings in me!

Apparently a British film was made a few years ago about Joy Division and New Order, called Twenty Four Hour Party People. I have not seen it, but would love to hear if its any good from anyone out there.

The Eternal, Twenty Four Hours and A Means To End are my favourites, but all their songs are awesome.

interpol is a great band that sounds liek them

songs like
pda
leif erickson

...thse sound just like them

on there album antics it is toatally differnt but a master pieace

LOL.
The only band that sounds like Joy Division 9really sounds, not pretends) is Ikon.

And Joy Division rules of course. Fav track - "The Eternal".

And what about Warsaw recordings? I managed to get them at last and I like them very much.