July....?

I apologise if there is already a previous thread on song meanings but I ran a bit of a search and I couldn't find it.

Anyhow the thing that really sparked my intrigue were the lyrics "It's the month of July" appearing in Departer - does anyone know the story behind the theme of July and is Departer possibly related to the song itself?

this part:

So how come you invited me too
You knew I wanted you
You glide above
So this night belongs to you
I know this isn't through
Are you dead to love

i interpret it like he's been invited to a party or something by a girl who he is in love with, but she's a bitch pretty much :p

i haven't read/studied the departer lyrics yet though, so i can't say anything about the connection between the songs.

also, in the song Onward unto battle, there is a reference of "on the 4th at night" there is a Katatonia song called March 4th where the point of view is from someone feeling abandoned. very interesting stuff

i interpret it like he's been invited to a party or something by a girl who he is in love with, but she's a bitch pretty much :p
I'd assumed it was a wedding (You glide above - as in her dress gliding as she walks up the altar), and that his feelings were unrequited.

That, or she's dead and he wants some fun with her corpse after she visited his dreams. In July. :headbang:

I'd assumed it was a wedding (You glide above - as in her dress gliding as she walks up the altar), and that his feelings were unrequited.

That, or she's dead and he wants some fun with her corpse after she visited his dreams. In July. :headbang:

If it's a wedding In the White may have to do with that. I've noticed numerous lyrically references to previous albums...

this part:

So how come you invited me too
You knew I wanted you
You glide above
So this night belongs to you
I know this isn't through
Are you dead to love

That's sorta the impression I get also - the wedding concept seems to make a bit of sense. Lol @ the corpse comment!

Departer is still a bit of a mystery. Working from the wedding idea some of the lyrics like "This evening I kept my word, did you" makes me think perhaps a pact was made for something sentimental every July, or maybe a year from the wedding (One year from now?). "Surrender (you know it's the truth)
It's the path of our lives" kind of hints at the fact that they're meant to (and inevitably will be) together. The most confusing part is the "Brother" lyrics - possibly advice from a brother/friend? Maybe the whole song is a conversation between him and the brother about the feelings around the July event.