Just a simple F'ing question.

WeAreInFlames - "I think it's just a reissue, not a remaster, but yeah, I think it's just some random noise."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_strain , line 9 of actual text, second sentence: "The 2005 remastered re-release's tracklist is as follows... haha ok that doesn't really matter just messing with you. Anyway, first Potassium78, you're an idiot. Second; Krall, you have come through before with my first question haha, but I could swear the beginning of the song is playing backwards, and I don't hear "go home." So does anyone know how to play a song backwards? I bet there's an even more hardcore fansite somewhere where someone would know... but I'm too lazy to go searching around haha. That's why I am here for all your help.:worship:

To play it backwards you either:
1. Get a turntable and a vinyl pressing and use the reverse button
or
2. Just find some software for reversing audio with google. Not very hard. Maybe if I can be bothered I'll ask my friend what he has, but finding that stuff shouldn't be hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_strain , line 9 of actual text, second sentence: "The 2005 remastered re-release's tracklist is as follows... haha ok that doesn't really matter just messing with you. Anyway, first Potassium78, you're an idiot. Second; Krall, you have come through before with my first question haha, but I could swear the beginning of the song is playing backwards, and I don't hear "go home." So does anyone know how to play a song backwards? I bet there's an even more hardcore fansite somewhere where someone would know... but I'm too lazy to go searching around haha. That's why I am here for all your help.:worship:
No sir, I'm just stating very a REAL possibility to why you hear such inept noises.

The original the shouting sounds kinda awkward.
I dunno. I like the original behind space (and the one from the demo) more, but I like the remake of clad in shadows slightly more I think.

WeAreInFlames - The original the shouting sounds kinda awkward.
Ya I agree on that... it takes getting used to. But I am just talking about that one part in the song haha. My friend and I were talking about it randomly one time. You know what else is Hecka good though, Murders in the Rue Morgue, and that doesn't have Anders Friden on vocals. The Colony album dominates.

God, I have so many questions. You the song Lord Hypnos on The Jester Race? (Probably their best song). The middle part with the epic guitar, the singer says a few things in the background from about 2:17 to 2:32, and I have checked many lyrics websites but it doesn't say. Fans, it's time for you to pull through again I think haha.

Ofcourse, let's face it; Stanne is an better vocalist then Friden, he always had a more stronger growl and sounded pretty emotional and better...everything friden lacked at.

Whoa, hold on now. Nothing again Stanne, but I think Friden probably did a better job for the band than he would have. Sure he can growl, but like I mentioned before, it's VERY hard to get used to and I'm sure In Flames wanted to reach more audiences than just the people with no musical ear. When I first listened to Lunar Strain I thought it sounded like the Lord of the Rats was dying haha. Few people find that appealing I bet. Again, it doesn't matter what your opinion is, I'm just so bored I feel like stating mine on this thread even though only like, 5 people look at it.

Whoa, hold on now. Nothing again Stanne, but I think Friden probably did a better job for the band than he would have. Sure he can growl, but like I mentioned before, it's VERY hard to get used to and I'm sure In Flames wanted to reach more audiences than just the people with no musical ear. When I first listened to Lunar Strain I thought it sounded like the Lord of the Rats was dying haha. Few people find that appealing I bet. Again, it doesn't matter what your opinion is, I'm just so bored I feel like stating mine on this thread even though only like, 5 people look at it.

hmm... depens how you look at it; for example i'm fine with Fridens vocals at Lord hypnos, while he sounds so boring at Moonshield, simply cause he couldn't growl with any emotion in it, he doesn't sound exciting at that song, while i'm sure that Stanne would do... lisen to the song alone from Dark tranquillity, listen to both versions, with friden as vocalist and with stanne as vocalist, you will get what i mean.

hmm... depens how you look at it; for example i'm fine with Fridens vocals at Lord hypnos, while he sounds so boring at Moonshield, simply cause he couldn't growl with any emotion in it, he doesn't sound exciting at that song, while i'm sure that Stanne would do... lisen to the song alone from Dark tranquillity, listen to both versions, with friden as vocalist and with stanne as vocalist, you will get what i mean.

Hmm, funnily enough, I prefer the Skydancer version with Friden on vocals. I don't think Stanne's voice suits the songs off the Skydancer album, whereas he fits everything that came after it. Stanne certainly couldn't have done anything post-Whoracle the same justice Anders did (IMO).

Ya I agree on that... it takes getting used to. But I am just talking about that one part in the song haha. My friend and I were talking about it randomly one time. You know what else is Hecka good though, Murders in the Rue Morgue, and that doesn't have Anders Friden on vocals. The Colony album dominates.
The Murders cover sounds awkward to me; even within Maiden only Dianno could sing fast enough to do that song; Bruce never could get it right. With Henke or w/e growling it it just sounds terrible.

Songs or albums? i hope you meant both. :)

HATRED, IN MY FIRE AND MY BLOOD!
Both, of course.

As to Stanne vs Friden, Friden is better for IF and Stanne is better for DT. You can't compare 2 different vocalists with different styles - it's all about how the vocals fit the music, and I'd say they fit their respective bands about equally well.

Stanne certainly couldn't have done anything post-Whoracle the same justice Anders did (IMO).

I think that is a good point and I agree on that. Although it feels like In Flames went a little Emo over time, (Reroute being the last one I really like, thouugh their latest had some good ones) I think the "growling" we are all talking about would not have held up as well as Friden's range of vocal styles. I definitely think a lot of the clean vocals he did gave us quite a few good songs. Everyone is saying Friden has no emotion but I disagree. I feel like there's a little Too much emotion in their later albums which is why I don't really like it that much. Their songs moved towards personal issues and things like that instead of cool stuff like space and the end of the world haha. But still in the end, I think the decision to have a full time singer instead of studio musicians was a good idea and I would not change anything they did on early albums. Damn this post is long.