bands similar to In Flames?

desperate87

New Metal Member
Nov 7, 2007
Hello there guys,

first of all, excuse me for my English it's not my native language

I'm a fan of In Flames for quite some time now, got all their albums and know every single song. I think they're great because it sounds to me like every song they ever made was made with extreme care and love, they never really include shitty songs just to fill their albums up or something like that. I like every song they made, but my favorite ones are songs like Trigger, you know where there are also small intervals with 'normal singing'.

But I was wonderin', are there any more metal bands who make similar music like In Flames or similar music to the ones I described above? Or let me ask it like this: If I like In Flames, which other metal bands should definitely interest me? (Yes I know it's a very subjective question and every person is different, but I still would really like to know what you guys think I should listen to)

thanks!

hi

There is quiet a lot of band you can try and choose the one you prefer. Most of this 'new' bands are american, you will find many similarites with many bands and they all know each other :)

You can try
As I lay Dying
All that Remains
Every time I die
It Die Today
KillSwitch Engage
Still Remain (The last album is really very very good)

and there is so many...

Why you tell him to download all metalcore?

I agree with As I lay dying and Killswitch but don't bother with the rest...

Download Soilwork-Natural Born CHaos.
Scar Symmetry - Both Albums
Blood Stained Child's last 2 albums sound alot like new In Flames and they rule..

because all these bands are influenced mostly by IF and you can easyly ear it

not really, Everytime I Die have absolutely no influence from In Flames and All That Remains are primarily influenced by At The Gates seeing as they're Labonte's favourite band. I dunno about As I Lay Dying, Still Remains, or It Dies Today cause I don't listen to them (really generic), but Killswitch Engage are alright and they have some In Flames influence.

To be honest, I know supposedly a lot of metalcore bands are influenced by In Flames... but, I don't hear it in their music.

And all these bands that are "influenced" by At The Gates all think that they were a hardcore band. Their fans too. I was wearing an In Flames hoodie while visiting Southern California, and some kid came up to me and said "In Flames! Hardcore for life, dude!". So, we engaged in conversation/argument about how they're not hardcore. And this kid proceeds to TELL me that they are hardcore, and so are At The Gates. I felt pretty sick after talking to this guy.

If In Flames and At The Gates are hardcore, I've truly been lead astray in my life. I think it's just because these "new" bands keep saying In Flames and At The Gates are big influences to them, and their fans interpret that as "Oh, they MUST be hardcore then!!".

Fuck hardcore.

I think it's just because these "new" bands keep saying In Flames and At The Gates are big influences to them, and their fans interpret that as "Oh, they MUST be hardcore then!!".

Fuck hardcore.

There will always be the "idiot fans" with every genre. As for "fuck hardcore", I don't see why it's necessary to bash hardcore because of fans...it's an awesome genre and has influenced a large number of amazing bands. Anyone sensible person knows the difference between melo death and metalcore...it's not that complicated.

because all these bands are influenced mostly by IF and you can easyly ear it

Actually, these bands are mostly influenced by the sound of shit, as you can hear from the shittiness of their music.

Soilwork - like the last three In Flames albums, but better
Dark Tranquility - The relationship between IF and DT is mildly incestuous (they swapped vocalists and write each others lyrics), and their sounds are similar but different. The Gallery is the best. DT are more technical than In Flames, and generally more heavy. Their lyrics are slightly more metaphysical.

At The Gates - you owe it to yourself to get Slaughter of the Soul, With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness, and The Red In The Sky Is Ours. Sounds a lot like Lunar Strain.

The last two Carcass albums, Kalmah, Norther, Wintersun, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Amorphis, Dimmension Zero (produced by Anders, with Jesper on guitar), etc
Check out Sinergy. Another of Jesper's side projects, with Alexi Laiho on guitar)

The only bands listed on this topic that I find interesting are In Flames and Killswitch. I think the other bands' music is pretty uninspired.

somehow I doubt that you've heard enough Kalmah, Norther, Wintersun, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Amorphis, Dimmension Zero, At The Gates, Soilwork, and Dark Tranquility to write them off...mostly because there are very few people out there who can enjoy anything In Flames has done and dislike all of those.
Looks to me like another n00b has joined the forum...

For some reason I find Amon Amarth boring. They got some decent songs but nothing amazing and it gets boring fast.