Just back from Enchant's first gig!

Xen

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2003
And it was great. The boys were in good shape. Ed rocks!!!! Period!!
Bill was great too (only one small mistake in Oasis).

Anyone interested in the setlist? Maybe it's better not to spoil it :)

1 hour of Enchant is too short!!! The set was very balanced however. Only nothing of Time Lost (unfortunately). 1 from each CD, except 2 from Blueprint and 3 from Tug.

Spock's Beard was ok (not great). They played too much of their latest CD (almost all songs :( ). Their new drummer is amazing though!

Hi Xen - thanks for the report!!! Can't wait for Hamburg!! Naw....hold off on the set list for a few days.... :D .... and YES!! One hour of Enchant is toooooo short!!!

What was your favorite song? Were there tears during Comatose?

Thanks dude!!

Mare

I was typing in my story of the evening yesterday, when the forum ceased to work... Anyway, I agree completely with Xen's opinion: the gig was simply amazing.

It was so good to hear Enchant play live again! And the sound was really good - it's the first time I gave the sound engineer a compliment. Only Ted's vocals could have been slightly louder in the mix, the rest was perfect. When Bill and Doug were playing the same melodies, you could hear who was playing what very clearly, and when Ted played guitar, the difference between Ted's sound and Doug's sound was also very clear. It was my first gig in ages where the volume wasn't turned up during the gig.

Simply amazing...

If the band is reading the forum before the end of the tour - see you again in Zoetermeer and hope to be able to ask a few more questions for the interview.

Jerry

hey all,

we will probably have limited web access during the tour so forgive our lack of responses. Our first show went surprisingly well considering our lack of a soundcheck and playing with equipment that was new to us. The audience was great. The highlight songs for me were comatose and what to say....but thats all I will be giving away. Hope to see many of you soon!!

ted

Well here we are in Belgium preparing for the next gig already, the venue is much smaller today this place is very interesting, I am actually sitting with Ted sidestage here on this community computer while the crew gets the stage and backline ready for tonights show. It is quite a differance from last nights venue.

Xen, Jerry

Thanks for the kind words, Xen I really appreciate your compliments about the bass I felt like I could have played a lot better, last night was a rough one with no soundcheck and all the problems in the venue, I think we came though it pretty well though. Thanks to this amazing crew especially Jason!

Although last night Sean was the one that Rocked, he held it all togather with a rock solid groove and was tight as hell, you rock Sean on any kit, even a strange one.

My thoughts so far are this is a GREAT bunch of people along this time, a really cool lineup having the CGT us and SB togather works. Don,t miss this tour if at all possible. I can not believe the talent and experience all in one tour party.

OK gotta run we will continue to check in when we can.

Xen said:
And it was great. The boys were in good shape. Ed rocks!!!! Period!!
Bill was great too (only one small mistake in Oasis).

Anyone interested in the setlist? Maybe it's better not to spoil it :)

1 hour of Enchant is too short!!! The set was very balanced however. Only nothing of Time Lost (unfortunately). 1 from each CD, except 2 from Blueprint and 3 from Tug.

Spock's Beard was ok (not great). They played too much of their latest CD (almost all songs :( ). Their new drummer is amazing though!

comatose (with a great guitar solo!) and what to say were my favourites as well yesterday.
So emotional! Ted made it without crying, but I could see he was moved after what to say.

Ted's voice was excellent yesterday. He had no problems with high notes at all. About the sound: in the beginning it was ok, but after some songs the sound was very good!
Ed you are too critical about yourself :)

Oh and guys, what do you think about your new gov. Schwarzenegger?

Actually we are still right here waiting to get up on this stage for a sound check, I think it is about that time, damn it is cold outside.

We are playing Under Fire tonight and we just got internet access in here and read about our new Gov, We are very happy to be honest, I love it.

OK It is time

You fellows are ONLY on tour in Europe of all places? How boring! You could be ... sitting in front of a computer right now!

Yo, Enchant Daddies, lobster-progsters, Habib-ists, groovesters in 13/16!
I miss you guys, and wish that somehow I could see a show or three. I hope I wouldn't be FURIOUS about the set-list :yell:

You're playing The Lizard, right -- or Traces perhaps, or even Juggling Forks?

Anyone had to change Ted's pampers yet? Is Flunders groovin' and smackin' the tum-tums with the greatest of ease? Ed had to carry Habib fireman's style yet? Doug furious? Bill wigged? Any sign of Fred and Vilma?

Seriously, I hope everything's going great, and know that you're in my thoughts. I'll be checking in here regularly, so start talkin'! o_O

Crad-Daddy

Crad-daddy,

Stop being so funny, start playing drums again (and making CD's)!!!!!

Keep us up to date man! And go back to your 13/16 progressive roots, please :). So many people love your way of playing the cymbals on BotW!!!!

I was at the show in Tivoli Utrecht, which is probably the same show as is refered to above.
I enjoyed seeing Enchant perform. They look great on stage. The setlist contained many of my favorite songs, especially Monday, Oasis, Comatose and What to say. however I disagree with the others on the soundquality. The bass and bassdrum were way too loud in the mix. I could hardly hear the keys. Also there was this weird thing that with almost every song I couldn't hear the first line. Either Ted didn't sing it or the mic was turned up too late! This really annoyed me. This was compensated by my awe for Doug! He played really well. He's a brilliant guitarplayer. I also talked to Ed. He's a very nice person. Told me they didn't get much sleep. I hope they change this a bit.
Take care and have fun in Europe .

Shit....WHYWHYWHY do I live in the US???????

Monday, What To Say, Comatose, Oasis, and what else was done live??

I'm glad it's going well for you guys over there...you definitely deserve it! It's cool you can keep us updated as well...I'm curious to see how the tour progresses.

And Craddick, Nighttime Sky rocks man... :cool: