Just curious.

RiderOfJustice

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2005
Woodland Hills California
Do any of you know of any famous (or well known) people who listen to Symphony x? If so, is there any where I can read some things they have said about Symphony x? Like for example an interview where lets just say Dio comments on how Symphony X are great musicians or something. I don't know something like that just seems interesting to me.

Jari Mäenpää of Wintersun said in an interview of... 2004 that he listens to Symphony X.

Exact quote:

Which bands or artists would you name as the ones that have influenced you the most as a musician?

Jari: KISS, W.A.S.P. from the very young years. Biggest influences are probably Metallica/James Hetfield and Devin Townsend. Then I´ve just listened lots and lots of bands/artists like: Skidrow, Megadeth, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity, Dissection, Emperor, Satyricon, Symphony X, Steve Vai, Y.J.Malmsteen, Extreme (yep, Nuno is great!)... and the list goes on...

Not really a well known guy, but hey! I look up to Jari as a god... Well almost.

I think I heard somewhere that Malmsteen likes Symphony X...

In some article, they made Malmsteen listen to various bands and guitarists so he could give his opinion about them. He said that Romeo "could play", and that Symphony X were clearly influenced by himself. I bet he secretly bought all albums after this interview and raged at Romeo surpassing him.