Just discovered !

Webmaniaq

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2002
France
www.fannzic.net
I have just discovered Opeth and I wanted to know which album I could listen to have a more precise idea of this band :)

For the moment I listen Blackwater Park and I think they are really good :p

(Sorry for my english... I'm french :p)

The only way to get a more precise idea is to listen to the whole spectrum of Opeth tracks across all albums. Some people here will tell you of particular albums to start on or that one album sums up the whole direction, but I would disagree with them.
Just get as much of it as you can :)

It depends on what you like about opeth really, If you wanted a good intro to opeth, i'd probably get Still Life...

Bonjour, ca va? Mon francais est tres mal, parce-que je [et maintenant je retourne a l'anglais] haven't spoken it for a few years, since I left school (as you can tell form my French spelling :D )

Erm, yeah, although I would recommend Morningrise you'll have to listen to something from every album (download mp3s) to get a real feel of it.

Well you cannot just say which album to start with anymore than you can say which one is the best. My presonal preference is Orchid because it seems the most melodic. It really depends on what aspect of Opeth music you want to center on. Each album is completely different and you have to know what you want out of Opeth music before you know which one to focus on.

Hard to say. Check the discography at opeth.com and just get a couple songs from each.

thx for all these answers... I've downloaded Still Life, thats really good :) Now I will find the other albums and I'll tell you what I think of them :) Opeth will be in my playlist for a while ;)