JUST GOT BLACK OPS!

I still think every video I've seen of Black Ops seems way faster paced than the previous ones. If the game is actually like that, I wont want it.

I think it is faster paced (than MW2 at least) but that is what I like about it. Black Ops is definitely friendly to those that prefer a run'n'gun style of game play, at least IMO anyway.

yea its pretty fast paced, but i still enjoy it. wish they threw in a couple levels that were bigger and if u run and get ur gonna get messed up

Why does everyone hate campers? I tried camping a couple times in MW2 but I didn't know the maps well enough to find good spots and ended up getting bored and leaving. Isn't camping pretty much what snipers do? Seems completely fair to me, considering the game is based on war, which is basically all about giving yourself the greatest advantage possible over your enemy.

Is it because everyone wants to run around and not try to check their corners and be cautious like they would in real life?

are u serious haha?

camping as a sniper, eh its understandable not much else u can really do since they took out quick snipe.

camping as anything else, just bs. u sit a a weird spot where noone can get to u except that way, and just sit. and piss people off.

(for instance on firing range, the building in the middle of the map, a guy way laying on the stairs the whole game with scavenger and kept planting claymores.) its not like he was in a sweet sniping spot making good use of surrounding, he was just bein a bag of pussy sitting there.

it is a game, not a real war lol so dont be a lil bitch.

and running around checking corners being cautious, thats how its supposed to be, not sitting in a spot till u get killed, then running back there, or to another spot. sitting. repeat. if u dont check corners and what not ull just get raped.

are u serious haha?

camping as a sniper, eh its understandable not much else u can really do since they took out quick snipe.

camping as anything else, just bs. u sit a a weird spot where noone can get to u except that way, and just sit. and piss people off.

(for instance on firing range, the building in the middle of the map, a guy way laying on the stairs the whole game with scavenger and kept planting claymores.) its not like he was in a sweet sniping spot making good use of surrounding, he was just bein a bag of pussy sitting there.

it is a game, not a real war lol so dont be a lil bitch.

and running around checking corners being cautious, thats how its supposed to be, not sitting in a spot till u get killed, then running back there, or to another spot. sitting. repeat. if u dont check corners and what not ull just get raped.

That makes sense when you put it that way. I was thinking of camping as being defined in a much broader sense. I thought any form of hiding out in a good spot and killing multiple enemies from that same spot would be considered camping. I've been accused of camping for simply waiting in a corner while dudes that were chasing me ran by and got killed.

Marcus: Yes it is, but I haven't encountered a single T.I. flare yet, to be honest I rarely saw it in MW2 too. I usually play TDM, MTDM, FFA or Ground War though, not sure if maybe the other game modes people use it more than in those or something.

just seems inhuman to me. =/ seems almost 2x what MW2 was.

Some of the videos are edited to fast foward the boring parts. The speed of the game is pretty much the same as MW2.

Here's a question - is tactical insertion still a perk in Black Ops? (please say no :lol: )

It´s an 'equipment' (you gotta choose a lethal grenade, a tactical grenade and an equipment for each class). But now TI is a flashing gadget instead of a flare, and you can´t use it on some game modes to avoid boost.

a guy way laying on the stairs the whole game with scavenger and kept planting claymores.

Scavenger no longer gives you more claymores, although I still think claymores are overpowered even with just one for each life.

My problem with camping is that it usually isn´t even a good tactic to get a good score, it´s just lame. You can camp on a cheap spot the whole match to kill like 3 ou 4 guys and that´s it.

Although I like to "patrol", which IMO is much different than camping. It´s like when you keep moving back and forth around an area, checking different windows and routes, instead of locked on a single spot or running the whole map in circles.

I've pretty much moved wholesale to Black Ops from MW2, it has its problems but most of them can and are being patched out, you can't patch out the amount of cheapness there is in MW2.

I nearly cried with happiness when Nuketown came up last night and it couldn't be voted in after 2 plays. Now I actually like it. :)

I play mostly domination so patrolling is definitely my game style, been rocking some pretty mean FAL the last couple of games, and while it's very satisfying to kill with, no other gun feels the sting of the rubbish hit detection more than the FAL.

I still think every video I've seen of Black Ops seems way faster paced than the previous ones. If the game is actually like that, I wont want it.

I think it's actually a little slower than MW2... in a bad way. It seems like there are even more campers in Black Ops than there used to be in MW2.