JUST GOT BLACK OPS!

The only thing that really gets me raging with this game is the first pistol you get in Gun Game, that thing is annoying as shit.
You'd think to make the pistols at all usable they'd lower the amount of shots it takes to kill someone because they're literally completely useless right now

I'm starting hating these type of games just because single player campaign are always bad, too bad for my taste.
The great thing of games in the past was that they had a great story!
You wanted to play the single player more than the multiplayer (even though years back there weren't that much) because you wanted the drama, the story.
Multiplayer most of the times suck, to me it's boring killing people all the day with no story.
Co ops are the future of the online/offline multiplayer games
I hope they start developing more games like gears of war/army of two/kane and lynch where you can play a story with a buddy online.

i hope games like kane and lynch gears of war and army of two stop being made because im tired of musclebound meathead space marine gay buddy movie games

I think im pretty sick of FPS games.

Plus fucking one. I watched a promo video for an upcoming game on xbox live last night and one of the first things they said was "Homefront is a first person shooter..." and at that point I just about fucking lost it. It was beyond facepalm status. It was like I wanted to drive the heel of my hand through my face and smash my brain against the back of my cranium.

Even more aggravating was that by the end of the video I found myself compelled to play the game because of the storyline and setting.

I really miss platform games.

So story mode on this thing pretty much sucks, but I fucking love the new zombies levels. Being Kennedy, Nixon, McNamara, and Castro locked up in the Pentagon? Fucking YES. I know what I'm going to be doing ALL Thanksgiving and winter break... getting shitfaced in the mancave, killing zombies and shouting out historical quotes in a shitty faux-Bostonian accent. :lol:

I'm still not entirely sure what one does in minecraft; you just mosey around in nauseating 1996 graphics digging things?

And while I'll agree on many current games having ridiculously cliche tough-guy characters with bad attitudes, I feel like the writing in Gears of War has always been pretty clever, and there's obviously a strong element of satire in how hyper-exaggerated the manliness of the characters is (just look at their arms :lol: ); I genuinely like Dom and Marcus :)D) as characters, and think the writing of them works well

It's Epic's cash-cow

Any money they make will help to create an even better unreal engine, and therefore Unreal Tournament

Yes they did "sell out" to get a portion of a market ruled by others.
anyway they don't need money from gears of war to release a better engine.
That engine is written by a core of very few people, and Tim sweeney is one of them. Few people means less costs.
if you look at what they release every month or so, I think it's sgreat.

UDK is great so the unreal engine

Yeah the engine itself is made by Tim basically on his own.
But it just means that they don't have to make UT appeal to as many people, and have more resources to make it.

but we all know the first unreal tournament is and was the best one despite looking like shit

Just tried the Theater Mode on Black Ops. Pretty impressive technology, it´s like Halo 3. But it sucks that they´ve made a direct port from the consoles system, as it could have been much better on PC, using mouse and keyboard shortcuts to control the editing. Did a quick demo of a Team Deathmatch using Fraps (20 kills, 2 deaths). Testing the Commando, I think I like this gun. Now I´m using it with Dual Mag instead of Extended and Sleight of Hand:

OT: I think Unreal Tournament 3 could have been a great game if it had a decent menu and only Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture The Flag game modes. No mutators, vehicles, airboards, special powers, magical spheres, community made maps, monsters, giant juggernauts, story... Actually they could keep that giant tripod on that blue urban map because it was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
My fave shooter series:

Rainbow Six
Ghost Recon
Call of Duty
Unreal

Killzone and Resistance have potential...

Not sure if anyone noticed today but there is an update for Black Ops on XBox, not sure if it's PS/PC as well but should be. Anyway, the update means that Nuketown cannot be played twice in a row, it shows up in the slot for previous match but it says "VOTE NOT ALLOWED."

* Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
* Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
* Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
* Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
* Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
* Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
* Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
* Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
* Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
* Additional online security enhancements
* (PS3 Only) Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

As many of you are probably wondering right now, the problems with Spawns hasn't been fixed. But this doesn't mean that Treyarch aren't listen. As soon as he returned from his launch tour, Treyarch's Multiplayer Design Director David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar's first duty since arriving back at the studio was to ask for YOUR help about Spawns on the CoDHQIts live for all platforms. Didnt address the spawning yet, but, resolves some connectivity issues