Just got my pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros... Holy Fucking shit!

abaga129

The Apprentice
So... up until now I have been mixing on a $20 pair of sony headphones that i got from walmart and using computer speakers to check stereo placement. :loco: Yeah.. I know.

But I just got these bad boys in the mail yesterday and I feel like I am hearing music clearly for the first time in my life...

I cant believe the difference! I advise anyone who is currently making the same mistake as I was to upgrade immediately. It will blow your fucking mind.

I know they still dont quite make up for actual monitors but these are the best thing I could afford and I am beyond happy that I got them.

I bet! I have to say though the low-end response on these is what amazed me the most. The bass sounds so clear. I'm used to just hearing a jumbled mesh of instruments below 500hz.

I hope some day I can save up enough money and get my hands on some D5's though.

I've been wanting some of the extreme isolation cans for my drum room, I don't know how they'd fare for mixing though as far as cans go, I have philips/o'neill "The Stretch" over ears. Super quiet and huge accurate low end. Exaggerated, but great for reference and everyday listening enjoyment.

What would you guys recommend would be the best cans you can mix with without having to sell a kidney? Open or closed- Curious to try the 650s (I believe) that Putney has used but I have no idea where I could go and listen to nice phones myself...

I loved my 280s but they get fatiguing over time and don' feel accurate enough now.