Just like this band so much

yeah. then people complain we turn threads about a topic into general chat and (homo-erotic) spam. but i mean, what's the other option? either i close this and look like a fascist who crushes n00bs' initiative, or i start cracking poor jokes as usual. *shrugs*. just let this ship sink...

haha...you guys are funny...but anyhow so we *don't stray from the obvious...DT rules! ;)
On another note, Miss Eddieslittlegirl...at loss for words is one of my favs off haven! I love the electronics so much....ahhh Martin you rule! I also really like that background music he did for the Live Damage DVD in the main menu screen...it's very Hans Zimmerish and would fit in nicely in Pearl Harbor I think...hehe...good work Martin! :) and I'm anxiously waiting to hear his input in the coming new album. :headbang:

DeepInMisery said:
you know what i like? i like people starting new threads that states something obvious and then they don't even have the goddamn courtesy to stick around and read the replies, or even respond. YEAH, THATS WHAT I LIKE.

Look I was just hoping to chat with some others about DT and as for not sticking around to read the replies...it's a thing called...WORK. calm down DIM. Didn't mean to get a few people so easy jacked up. it's funny though.

@eddies: while we have to admit that liking dt and not having enough time to hang around all day is certainly no crime, you have to admit that bursting in on a community with a "i love this band" thread is also always the ante-chamber of never coming back again, one-liners, spam, whatever. we're friendly and nice, but some have been around enough to see thousands of new guys drop by and disappear. cut us some slack, get a feeling for the place, and we'll be happy to discuss the band with you. what parts of it interest you?

rahvin said:
@eddies: while we have to admit that liking dt and not having enough time to hang around all day is certainly no crime, you have to admit that bursting in on a community with a "i love this band" thread is also always the ante-chamber of never coming back again, one-liners, spam, whatever. we're friendly and nice, but some have been around enough to see thousands of new guys drop by and disappear. cut us some slack, get a feeling for the place, and we'll be happy to discuss the band with you. what parts of it interest you?
bursting...i guess i should have knocked. i haven't been around in a while but i support my metal bands by seeing them and buying dvd's and such. so it's all good. and i also agree, my statement was a bit corney. my bad. and i've been enjoying them for the last three years so maybe longer than some of this lovely community die-hards. and yes, cut some slack. easily done.

I appreciate their technique/method of music...like In Flames. And have seen them a few times and met the band.

eddieslittlegirl said:
bursting...i guess i should have knocked. i haven't been around in a while but i support my metal bands by seeing them and buying dvd's and such. so it's all good. and i also agree, my statement was a bit corney. my bad. and i've been enjoying them for the last three years so maybe longer than some of this lovely community die-hards. and yes, cut some slack. easily done.

I appreciate their technique/method of music...like In Flames. And have seen them a few times and met the band.
it's not about how much you like or support the band. some of the regulars here are not even fans. i guess it's more about being accustomed to online communities full of the kind of "uber-users" that spend their day online, know all the right words and motion and so on. if you're not familiar with that, i understand how your thread is maybe just a tad naive and you certainly don't deserve to be looked down to because of that.
i apologise if i gave you that impression. in fact, my remark was not directed to you specifically, but to a general ensemble of expectations some might have after starting one "i like this band" thread on established communities, which won't be matched because even the kindest regulars won't find much to say in reply to such a broad statement.
for whatever it's worth, you're welcome. take a look around - when you have time - and feel free to start any discussion. usually having a topic grants better results, but this is not even always true.
as for the rest of the guys, well: you've been flamed by a grand total of one person so far. i guess you'll live with that. :)

Bah, just one? I have been flamed by thousands! I am flame-proof though, yes I am! I am so flameproof I AM the flame!!! YES! THEY TRY TO BURN WHAT IS ALREADY A BONFIRE TO THEIR CANDLEFLAME! HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA! HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

rahvin said:
it's not about how much you like or support the band. some of the regulars here are not even fans. i guess it's more about being accustomed to online communities full of the kind of "uber-users" that spend their day online, know all the right words and motion and so on. if you're not familiar with that, i understand how your thread is maybe just a tad naive and you certainly don't deserve to be looked down to because of that.
i apologise if i gave you that impression. in fact, my remark was not directed to you specifically, but to a general ensemble of expectations some might have after starting one "i like this band" thread on established communities, which won't be matched because even the kindest regulars won't find much to say in reply to such a broad statement.
for whatever it's worth, you're welcome. take a look around - when you have time - and feel free to start any discussion. usually having a topic grants better results, but this is not even always true.
as for the rest of the guys, well: you've been flamed by a grand total of one person so far. i guess you'll live with that. :)
Thanks and I'll think twice before starting a kindergarten thread. :) \m/

eddieslittlegirl said:
Thanks and I'll think twice before starting a kindergarten thread. :) \m/
thanks to you for that: as you might have noticed, kindergarten threads are going to be pretty redundant around here. :rolleyes:

...i dread having to leave the computer for about 15'...