Just like this band so much

Dark_Jester said:
He sold his mother for more vile satanic gothwear :cry:
Yes and it was quite a deal!

MagSec4 said:
Salalamus: It's because they're from Sweden and because they were founded on a monday, isn't it, you judgmental unscrupulous monster you!! :cry:

well there is that and the fact that they make overlong, as in
"jesus h christ you needed to add that 5 minute guitar wanking
twice to this song", songs with pretty much nothing to say.

Not to mention most of their fans (present company maybe
excluded) are comlete dimwits, just look at their boards.

They are nothing special and don't bring anything new to the
table, cos I don't count guitar wanking as anything new.

i couldn't care less for the fans of any band. i like opeth, and if tons of dimwitted morons like them as well, hey, that's unfortunate, but in no way altering my opinion of the band itself. and i can even safely admit that their lyrics are complete bullshit.

eddieslittlegirl said:
moonlapse vertigo, benighted, well the entire cd Still Life is one of my favs...to each his own.

Oh my, I am not seeing correctly, an Opeth fan that is not
calling Opeth haters stupid or ignorant :eek:
That is the thing I hate the most about them, they think that
they belong to some kind of super-brain club just cos they
supposedly understand the music... holier than thou...

i guess some bands just attract more 14-y-o overexcited fanboys than others. *shrugs* it's not really the band's or the smart fans' fault.
of course the moment this happens to dark tranquillity i take my life with a rusty teaspoon, but that's not the point, right? ;)

@king chaos: on a slightly different topic, i'm puzzled by your praising rhapsody in your sig, a band from my country whom i consider to be delivering pure unadulterated cheese since the dawn of time. songs featuring a village of dwarves - while certainly flattering for yours truly - come as a bit of a shock and seem to belong in a smurfs episode. :err: if they kick pinky little bottoms like you claim, i'm scared to think what they might actually be doing with those before or after the kicking part. :oops:

I agree, Cheesy as fook... Also very very homo-erotic. But I fookin love the music its both hilarious and complex! power metal fans are a lost breed nowadays, especially here in the UK... this is off topic isnt it, but what the hell was the topic? oh yeah that guy likes DT... Ok... good for him :Spin:

good!!! derailed... I like the image brought form that. I just looked at niklas' artwork site, he's added more stuff... I like what I see. I cant wait for that site to be up and running, twill be good to see what bands he makes connections with. I bought the Nightrage album solely cos the album art was ace ( and P.M jenson + Good old Tom. L are in the band :Rock: )

Salamurhaaja said:
Oh my, I am not seeing correctly, an Opeth fan that is not
calling Opeth haters stupid or ignorant :eek:
Hey, you see one more here :D I forgive you for not liking Opeth ;)
I like that band really_much, but since I don´t like everyone´s other favourite bands either (but you are so_right with TBL :), ) so I don´t see why anyone should get mad about that.

:wave: