Just ordered the redemption CD

I agree, Redemption is an excellent album. They're definitely one of my most anticipated PP acts now. I'm not the biggest fan of "prog-metal" as a whole, but Redemption smoke.

-Darrin

Bryant said:
I downloaded eight samples from their website and every song rocked. The samples were of decent size, so I expect to be happy with the CD. If anyone hasn't heard them yet, I suggest at least trying out their samples.
http://www.ivorygate.com/redemption

If you have the CD by Saturday and will be home, why don't you make me a copy (to try--everyone relax; I'm just poor, not evil ;) )? I will be down yonder sometime this weekend. While moving, I ran across that USM disc I was supposed to mail to you like 6 months ago. :err: We can trade. :)

Shaye

lady_space said:
If you have the CD by Saturday and will be home, why don't you make me a copy (to try--everyone relax; I'm just poor, not evil ;) )? I will be down yonder sometime this weekend. While moving, I ran across that USM disc I was supposed to mail to you like 6 months ago. :err: We can trade. :)

Shaye

Of course ^___^ Ya' better come and "sit a spell" too. Ya don't never come and visit me no more. I wanna hear that Timescape too. Bring it with you as well. One day, you should bring D&L down here with you as well. We can have a little party.

Bryant

YtseJammer said:
Great, great album. Gets better with each and every listen.

I can't wait to see them kickoff the festivities!

Me either. BOP hammered me at PP2.0 and despite a few sound problems, they set a pretty high mark for the following bands to match. I expect Redemption to do the same. I think Glenn picked a great band to open the show. I hope I am not disappointed, but I don't think I will be.

Bryant

Okay, sounds like a Redemption and Timescape listening party is in order! Let me figure out what day I'll be down and doublecheck with Johan on letting you hear this--I don't think he'll mind, but he has been kinda tight with it so far. Personally, I think you'll love it. The singer occasionally sounds a little like Andy Kuntz to me.

I'm really eager to hear Redemption since they've gotten such high praise from you. No offense to anyone else, but I put much more stock in your opinion since I know your tastes better. :)

Shaye

I find the Redemption CD a bit inconsistent. Some songs are very strong, while others tend to drag a bit.

I find it a bit strange that Glenn picked them to perform at ProgPower. The band's credibility comes largely from the presence of Rick Mythiasin (x-Steel Prophet) and Jason Rullo (Symphony X), neither of whom will be performing at ProgPower. Luckily, I'm a Corey Brown fan and I'm very much looking forward to hearing him sing live.

Does anyone know if this band will continue to record? If so, will Rick or Corey handle the vocal chores on the next CD?

GZ

First, thanks to everybody for your interest in the CD. We're very excited about opening the festival and we look forward to putting on a great performance for you.

With regard to General Zod's questions/comments...

1. Jason is, unfortunately, obligated to be touring extensively with Symphony X this summer and we wouldn't be able to arrange rehearsals from a logistics standpoint. Consequently, while I would have loved for him to perform, it wasn't in the cards.

2. While Rick's performance on the CD is the best of his career (IMO, of course), Bernie and I hand-picked Corey and he's going to do a killer job on this material. We wish Rick well, but I don't think anybody will be sorry to hear Corey. Corey is a full-time member and permanent vocalist for the band. He also continues to be in Magnitude 9.

3. A new disc is being written and we'll be debuting a new song in Atlanta.

Again, thanks to everybody for their interest and support.

Regards,

Nick van Dyk

Okay, sounds like a Redemption and Timescape listening party is in order! Let me figure out what day I'll be down and doublecheck with Johan on letting you hear this--I don't think he'll mind, but he has been kinda tight with it so far. Personally, I think you'll love it. The singer occasionally sounds a little like Andy Kuntz to me.

Sounds like Andy ? :OMG:

That would be v-e-r-y interesting. I think the band was just fine anyway. The other singer just didn't get it for me.

I'm really eager to hear Redemption since they've gotten such high praise from you. No offense to anyone else, but I put much more stock in your opinion since I know your tastes better. :)

Well, Bryant does indeed kick major glutage j/k :D Unfortunately, I am still basing the CD only on one song and 7 samples, but they were decent sized samples. It's Friday and the mail has ran already, but no Redemption. Maybe tomorrow.... but who knows ? It didn't ship out until Wdnesday, but it came from the East coast and although three days isn't wishful thinking it could take four .... :Smug:

Bryant