Just wondering...

I have fuck all time to listen to music this days with studying a work, but i always listen to at least 30 min worth a day b4 i got 2 sleep.
I find out about cool bands here most of the time

If you have friends who like metal, you can always have them burn stuff for you, or send it over AIM. If you plan out your purchases accordingly, and share well, you can easily get several times the music that a single person would.

I read reviews. I ready probably between 10-15 reviews for albums a day, and i pick the ones which sound good. I also read reviews of things i already like and look for references to other similar bands. I'm spending a good 6 hours a day on my computer listening and reading about new music, and hear probably 2 new albums a day. It's been this way for probably 5 years. And to be honest sometimes i DO get bored, because obviously not everything i hear is good. In fact, it's usually only 1 in maybe 10 albums i hear that really make me want to give it a more dedicated listen. So for every hour of good music i hear, i hear 9 hours of complete shit to decent music. It does bog me down, but when i do find something i like a lot it makes it totally worth it. One day i will slow down with my consumption, and when that happens i'll be set from all the good stuff i've found, so i still consider all this listening to shit music worth it.

I made sure it's metal mayhem where I work. We've got a couple of 400 watt stereos at work - one with two 10" Sony X-plodes. We have an mp3 player that we've managed to tune in to both stereos. They're both always on full blast. No shit! We go through stock stereo speakers about once every six months and a stereo only lasts a year at the very most (which is why we stick to $200 Wal-Mart specials).

I burn steel for a living too - so it literally is 'metal mayhem'.

I got it in my car and lately every time I sit down in front of the computer, I've got metal playing.

np: Aborted - Gurgling Rotten Feces

The Subjugator said:
because there is only so much music I can listen to in a day before I get sick of it...

thats dumb.

listening to

the book of knots
curl up and die
taken
will oldham
training for utopia
kayo dot

and

the motherfucking LUDDITE CLONE

will make you a better person.

also

einsturzende neubauten.

I find my new music through message board recommendations, the metal archives, and browsing through people's files on soulseek. I listen to music whenever it is possible: sitting in my room in front of the computer, driving, working out at the gym, at work when I can.