Music and Your Angriness

northpole7776

New Metal Member
Aug 17, 2005
Hey guys. I'm here to conduct a little survey to everyone on account of music and the influence of angirness it can cause for a school assignment. Some people say that i'm angry becuase i listen to angry music (sometimes), and i'm actually kind of sick of them blaming music all the time, so the topic for me was what i write here.

I want to see if i can gather some results and prove them wrong. So with all do respect, could everyone who is interested please answer these two simple questions:

1: What kind of music do you listen to?

2: How angry are you on a scale of one to ten (eg One, happy - Ten, sadistic)?

Thanks guys, keep rocking.

You might want to rethink your methods a bit, and your understanding of anger. I don't see happiness or sadism as having anything to do with anger. You might want to be asking people how often they have feelings of anger, or better yet, how often they are irrationally angry. But to answer your question...

1. Death and black metal mostly, some doom metal, and rarely thrash or power metal. Other than metal, some ambient, some progressive rock, and modern rock.

2. I'm seldomly angry. I'm usually really even tempered and seem emotionless to others. People see me as depressed, not angry. I guess on a numeric scale I'm maybe a 2.

MasterOLightning said:
You might want to rethink your methods a bit, and your understanding of anger. I don't see happiness or sadism as having anything to do with anger. You might want to be asking people how often they have feelings of anger, or better yet, how often they are irrationally angry. But to answer your question...

1. Death and black metal mostly, some doom metal, and rarely thrash or power metal. Other than metal, some ambient, some progressive rock, and modern rock.

2. I'm seldomly angry. I'm usually really even tempered and seem emotionless to others. People see me as depressed, not angry. I guess on a numeric scale I'm maybe a 2.

Yeah, thanks for that. I didn't mention that this is a maths assignment i'm doing and so i need a somewhat technical result from this, so i can't get too detailed and need just a general statistic. And also the happy/sadistic thing was not literal :Þ just an example.

Thanks guys :zipit:

1. black metal, lot of thrash, lot of prog metal...conversely, lots of ambient and neo folk

2. I very rarely get angry. if anything it has the opposite effect (that of soothing and calming)

1: What kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to primarily to black metal, death metal, brutal thrash, and gloomy doom.

2: How angry are you on a scale of one to ten (eg One, happy - Ten, sadistic)?
I am quite an angry person, so I would give myself a nine. I have a lot of bitterness, due to my tendency to have a lot of bad luck in life, and the late start I am getting in life careerwise.

I listen to the music because it fits my frame of mind. The music does NOT make me angry or depressed (if anything, it has the opposite effect). But rather, I am angry or depressed to begin with, and the music is very fitting, and often helps me feel better.

1. Death/Thrash/Doom Metal, some Progressive and Folk/Viking.

2. Quite often angry or depressed, but the music works as a cure rather than something that makes me more pissed off. I would give myself an 8

1. Brutal Death, Grind, Hardcore

2. Almost never angry. BUT... there have been times when listening to a great pummeling part, you just want to slam to it. That's not anger though, more like excitment.

death/black/viking primarily. power and thrash as well

im somewhat angry (7). as a coworker put it, im sour. im just generally cynical and pessimistic and most people are idiots.

but if metal does anything to me, its a release. im in my best moods while playing or listening to metal
~gR~

I tend to be calm (generally) however, I'm also very cynical, pessimistic, and rather bitter at times. And if I do get pissed off..I get pissed. So I'd say an eight.

In the realms of metal I generally listen to black metal and death metal, as this is what fits my personality type, and has a soothing effect (plus great music is great music) along with some classic stuff like Priest and Sabbath. I've been listening to primarily classical music lately, though. Also a fan of neo-folk, classic rock...and fuck it, I've given enough details to get the general picture.

1. Death, Thrash, and Black equally
2. 7 little things piss me off, I break things on a regular basis

well i listen to everything from hardrock to death metal. some of it seems angry(to the untrained ear)but i feel its a positive release of energy.I usually get pumped up or excited when it comes to music,not angry.also I find heavy music to be a bit cathartic.kind of a dispelling of negative energy.for myself, music has been a positive thing since i was a kid.also, you can point out that anger is a normal human emotion and your critics need to chill.daily life can make you angry sometimes for sure.music is connected to emotion,memories,and enjoyment and as far as im concered-nothing but a great thing.hope this helps!

well i listen to all metal and in all honesty the fury of metal soothes my soul and gives me fire at the same time. it actually takes in all my anger and frustration, lets it out for me, and turns it into something positive. without it i think i would definitely be way more nuts than i am now. people need an outlet and mine is music, the more metal the better :kickass: