What are your most "negative" albums?

I dunno, I think pretty much anything Swans fits. The Seer is a rough damn album and that just came out last year.

Yeah, all Swans are extremely negative...I assume llama was only considering the albums that are negative in that hatred-towards-mankind sense.

With a band name like "Facedowninshit" and an album called "Nothing Positive Only Negative" I really though it was gonna be a case of a band trying too hard, but uh... yeah. This is some EHG level shit here.

Hocico - Sangre Hirviente
Discharge - Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Aborym - With No Human Intervention

I dunno, I think pretty much anything Swans fits. The Seer is a rough damn album and that just came out last year.

Yeah, all Swans are extremely negative...I assume llama was only considering the albums that are negative in that hatred-towards-mankind sense.

there's just a certain vibe those albums have that's perfect for when I'm disgusted in myself and everything around me.

I see why you would mention that era, ofc. It's a completely different vibe - more hateful than desolate.

Daxx Riggs (formally of Acid Bath) put out "We are Night Sky" in 2006 under the band name Deadboy & the Elephantmen. Not your prototypcial metal CD, but extremely dark and stripped down music. Give it a listen if you can find it.

Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
Nachtfalke - Doomed To Die
X-Fusion - Rotten To The Core
Velvet Acid Christ - Fun With Knives
I also have a tendency to play L7's Shitlist on repeat.

Looking at both albums as a whole, for this topic, I disagree. Its definitely one of my favorite Nails albums (obviously), but TDS just seems more dark and morbid, not so negative. Ofcourse there are a few songs that are exceptions, but to me it seems The Fragile is so pungent with loathing and despair...Oh, and ofcourse heroin.

Silencer - Death Pierce Me
Eyehategod - Take As Needed for Pain
Austere - To Lay Like Old Ashes

These three for sure. And good call on Jesu. I haven't heard Infinity but their Conqueror album is great bad mood music.

Another one to add to my list would be Bethlehem's Dictius Te Necare.

Resurrection because dammit I love this thread and want more. Haven't found any winners lately that I can think of though.

Fuck! Nice bump! I forgot about this thread.

I've been listening to a lot of Anathema's Death/Doom material. That stuff is pretty crushingly dark and negative. Actually even some of their post death/doom stuff is pretty negative. Alternative 4 comes to mind.

#1 I don't have days where I want everything around me to die.

#2: How the hell are bands like Before the Dawn,Katatonia, or October Tide getting mentioned here? I love their stuff, and don't get that at all.

Now, if I want to start feeling depressed (not the same as what was requested in the OP), nothing has that effect like Warning - Watching from a Distance. Still never finished that whole album.