K, I've finally made life choices and stuff.

MadeInNewJersey said:
from reports from several of my friends, 'da Norden Lights are about middle-of-the-road quality considering what you can get over there

No doubt. Last time I was in Amsterdam was 97 so I'm sure they've evolved the recipe since then, heh. But for the most part, Northern, Skunk, etc are all standard smoking.

I would have thought so.

Ever see "American Beauty"? That guy had industry strength, military experimental stuff, hehe.

People do experiment -- I smoked some in Australia once where some pothead and planted the roots into a mango shrub hole (or something like that), but basically the end result had a slight aroma of mango because the roots intertwined. I have no idea on the concepts of horticulture, but it was pretty cool either way. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
No doubt. Last time I was in Amsterdam was 97 so I'm sure they've evolved the recipe since then, heh. But for the most part, Northern, Skunk, etc are all standard smoking.

dooooood, they all have crazy names & shit now, there are "boutique" growers, just like with everything else on this wacked-out planet. Ever hear of stuff like "Purple Haze," "Blueberry," etc?

I'm telling, this shitz will cripple ya

P.S. 7 days w/o a ciggie (well, mostly)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no such thing as "haze" or "blueberry". There are so many dealers around here that try to sell that shit for like $45-50 per 1/8oz. Weed that is "haze" gets it's colour from curing for certain periods of time. Let's say you have a sativa plant (which buds plenty, but slowly) that you've been growing for a while. As the plant progresses, the mature buds just really sit on the bottom of the plant while the rest grows. It changes colour if it sits around in the already-mature state.

There are certain kinds of weed with interesting colours, but for the most part they aren't by default that certain colour. My brother had some stuff that came out of an indoor garden in New York. It had white and yellow hair, which I hadn't seen in a while. I myself actually got some excellent indoor bud the other day which appears to be of Canadian descent. For all of you guys who buy, watch out for stuff laced with formaldehyde. I've seen a ton of it around here, and my friends around the country say it's starting to emerge in a lot of cities. If your weed has a funky stench to it, sort of falls apart in your hand, has an un-natural blue/dark green colour in patches, than you have some laced stuff.

In Amsterdam they carry all sorts of shit. Northern Lights comes around here from Vermont once in a while, but most of our grass is out of New York. I wish we had more designer pot...

edit: lots of guys spray their shit with strawberry/blueberry/etc scented air fresheners and try to colour it with dyes. Fuck that... some people make me sick. The key is to know your grass so you don't get ripped off and so you don't hurt yourself.

Gugs, this stuff I have... if I do end up in NY on Monday, you'll soon be re-considering the limits of what "getting stoned" means to you.

JayKeeley said:
People do experiment -- I smoked some in Australia once where some pothead and planted the roots into a mango shrub hole (or something like that), but basically the end result had a slight aroma of mango because the roots intertwined. I have no idea on the concepts of horticulture, but it was pretty cool either way. :loco:

Maybe that's where the idea of smoking mango leaves came from. Stupidest idea ever.

There's a joint in Australia - Nimbin. Haven't been there myself, but my mate said as soon as you get into the town there's dealers EVERYWHERE in the street. They were smoking pipes on the fucking tour bus - the driver was a dreadlocked hippy who was more baked than anyone! I dunno if for some reason drug laws are lifted there, but he said it seemed that way. Yeah. I talk shit.

EDIT: i just remembered what I was getting at. He got some hash from a big arse Maori bloke up there, and apparently that shit's potent. I dunno.

Anyway, Nimbin.

MadeInNewJersey said:
i'm not much of a smoker right now, only because i've ridiculously busy w/ my new job role, but i can make a bit of an exception :cool:

So when does all the new workload kick in then? Are you going to be on the road a lot?

I get called a hippie a lot because of the way I dress, but personally I think I dress more like a skeevy stoner than a hippie. Love and peace can fuck off, I just like psychoactive drugs.

JayKeeley said:
So when does all the new workload kick in then? Are you going to be on the road a lot?

Pretty much last Friday, when I got my accounts. I am so literally swamped right now I can't breathe. I want a fucking cigarette so badly.

I just looked up and it was 3 PM, WTF?! where did my day go?

MFJ said:
I get called a hippie a lot because of the way I dress, but personally I think I dress more like a skeevy stoner than a hippie. Love and peace can fuck off, I just like psychoactive drugs.

hmm.. i know this won't really be the first time i've exposed my newbie-ness with regards to drugs, but there's nothing wrong with that so on i go:

i just got 3.5 grams of mushrooms last night off a friend of mine from work. the fucker has a pound of em, so I can always get more. what i was interested in was this: how should i situate the trip? indoors w/ music, incense, etc? outdoors walking around? dunno. my girlfriend had said she wanted to try them also, but she backed out due to the amount of stress in her family and school life lately, wouldn't be a good time for her.