K, I've finally made life choices and stuff.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Personally I love being outdoors on shrooms, but yea, you might want to have a sober sitter with you.

Girlfriend will do it. Problem with the outdoor thing is that it's January and i live in Canada :loco:

SHH! it's a really mild winter anyway. i think maybe tomorrow might be the day for this. we'll see. 'pends what the weathers like, what my family's up to and stuff.

it's a possibility. so far the ONLY anime i've been sold on is anything by Studio Ghibli. I've now seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. though with the last one, the formula's starting to wear a bit thin, I'm still pretty much convinced that these guys can do NO wrong.

I was joking about Soul Taker. It just makes no fucking sense and has lot of weird color schemes and shit. I'm just guessing it would be good to watch while high.

If you ever want anime recommendations though, you know who to come to. :)

Hit me. Just keep in mind that poor animation, stupid characters with whiny voices, fuzzy little animals and giant fighting robots aren't going to sell me. It takes something deeperer, more epicererer, etc. :loco:

Demilich said:
Girlfriend will do it. Problem with the outdoor thing is that it's January and i live in Canada :loco:
Bundle up and try going outside anyway, at least for a little bit. It'll probably be worth the trouble. Is this your first time with them? If so, you might want to start with a 1/16th just to get your feet wet. That's what I did for my first time. Have fun. :D

Demilich said:
it's a possibility. so far the ONLY anime i've been sold on is anything by Studio Ghibli. I've now seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. though with the last one, the formula's starting to wear a bit thin, I'm still pretty much convinced that these guys can do NO wrong.

Thanatopsis123 said:
If you ever want anime recommendations though, you know who to come to. :)

Guys, my 4 year old kid LOVES "My neighbor Totoro". I've been trying to look for other anime titles that might work for young kids. So far, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke (although excellent) don't really work for a 4 year old. They're a bit TOO bizarre.

If you know of stuff like Totoro, let me know!!!

JayKeeley said:
Guys, my 4 year old kid LOVES "My neighbor Totoro". I've been trying to look for other anime titles that might work for young kids. So far, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke (although excellent) don't really work for a 4 year old. They're a bit TOO bizarre.

If you know of stuff like Totoro, let me know!!!

I would have figured everyone would have liked Spirited Away. I'm not sure what else your kid might like.

http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/236.html ?
That doesn't help much.

Totoro seems to be a bit of a one-off among Miyazaki's work. GODDAMN does it rule though, it's up there with my favourites of his, children's movie or not. I wish I could recommend something similar.

I had a feeling you'd dig these films, JayK. they're unbelievably epic. I think Mononoke is his masterpiece, but Castle in the Sky & Naucisaa are very much worth checking out too.

you'll be high enough long enough to do both...what (grazim?) said, first time don't go overboard. have music and stereo ready, you probably won't feel hungry so you don't really have to hassle with food supplies, but you might want to ensure you have some beverages (juice, maybe some soda or beer). first time with blotter, do half a hit. you'll get more than enough to give you a taste. I've known fuckers who would do like five hits at once and that's fucking crazy.

Demilich said:
Totoro seems to be a bit of a one-off among Miyazaki's work. GODDAMN does it rule though, it's up there with my favourites of his, children's movie or not. I wish I could recommend something similar.

Yeah I get the feeling it's a one off too, but what about Kiki's Delivery Service?

I had a feeling you'd dig these films, JayK. they're unbelievably epic. I think Mononoke is his masterpiece, but Castle in the Sky & Naucisaa are very much worth checking out too.

Oh yeah. For a while, I thought Akira was the be all end all, and then this guy comes along. I've only seen Totoro, Mononoke, and Spirited so there's a bunch more I still need to see.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah I get the feeling it's a one off too, but what about Kiki's Delivery Service?.

I forgot to mention, I was stoned all 3 times I tried to watch it and lost interest or fell asleep. It sounds like a good bet for her though! Coming of age story about a young teenaged witch. Probably uplifting, with a good feminist message.