A matter of life and death

~Neurotica

perfectly insane
Mar 27, 2006
Hey guys,
Just a half of a year ago I couldn’t imagine myself writing these lines today, yet here I am calling for your attention.
The matter of this topic is pretty simple: there is war in my country. It’s serious. The aggressor-neighbor country is constantly sending its troops on our territory to create chaos and grief.
Unfortunately, life is a bitch and while young guys of Ukraine are giving their lives for their motherland on the а frontline – the assholes on the top are busy with fighting for the throne, like it’s not their war, like it’s not their country, like it’s happening not here but somewhere far away. They send our boys to fight the enemy in home slippers, helmets that can break with a blow of a wind and “bullet proof” vests that were expired 30 years ago and won’t stand a thrown stone, let alone a bullet, while the enemy is being sponsored by its leaders from A to Z. I can surely tell you that the 80% of why our men are still there holding on – it’s because of our people, volunteers, guys like you and me who didn’t stay careless but decided to support the ones who are protecting their land.
I’ve been to the military hospital and I became mute the second I saw those guys. I have to tell you – it’s scary like hell. Scary to see boys starting from 18 years old with amputated limbs, hands, and even hips, blind, deaf, 80% burnt, crying, desperate. Damn, how scary it is to see a man crying… Half of them went to the frontline holding a weapon for the first time in their life. I was talking to them, asking what were they doing before this whole nightmare started, you know, many of them couldn’t even answer. I don’t think they remember anymore. Yet ironically, those men are still lucky, because no matter what – they are still alive.
As for me – I can talk about lipsticks or music as much as I want, but every morning I wake up and every night I go to bed with a heavy heart, with a feeling of despair. Yet it’s not about me, and my worries worth nothing next to the people who are actually there, sleeping on the ground under their tanks when on November nights it's about 19F in Ukraine. I believe they don’t have worries anymore, but a fear to not come back home to their children or parents or to die for nothing. I swear, I could never tell this before – but now I can – I am proud of my people.

There is a voluntary project that I’ve been supporting from the beginning, it’s сalled “Come back alive”. It specializes on protection of the guys who are on the most dangerous lines. To be exact – thermovision cameras (a device that helps you to spot out the enemy and be prepared for the attack) and other protective equipment. Without these things the level of losses would be much higher, thousands of lives could be saved thanks to this initiative. So in the end it’s not sponsoring the war, it’s helping to save more people. I know these people personally, they are just regular guys like you and me, who dedicated their lives to making a difference, and I can state that they are trustworthy. They buy the equipment and deliver it personally (!) to the frontline. The good part about them is that their book-keeping is completely transparent. So when somebody gives the money – they can see their name on the list (unless they would want to stay anonymous) and then on the other column you can see what the money is being spent for. Nothing to hide, everything is clear.

I am asking you to support us.

I suck at writing and I wish my words were more persuasive, but I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t important.
Right now I’m giving away pretty much everything I earn, and I could be all butthurt about it, waiting for more actions from the government, but I guess this waiting will have way too high of a price, so it’s the time when I prefer to take responsibility and ask myself “what have I done personally to help this situation?”, it’s not somewhere far away anymore, it’s here, it’s at home, happening to me, my brothers, father, friends... My friends are there, my teachers and classmates are there, many of them have babies at home… The feeling of being completely helpless is almost fatal, I’m sure most of you know it well. Yet supporting the army makes me feel happier, seeing photos of ones who are still there at the frontline, still alive – makes me happier, I know it does make a difference. I perfectly realize that if it’s not to win the war, then at least to help resist the enemy and to help our men to come home to their families, wives and children alive. I know that without this feeling of unity we wouldn’t stand for so long, that’s why I’m here right now, telling this to you, trying to make this unity a little bit bigger. Since that’s all that’s left…
The ammount you give is only up to you and your comfort. But please remember that every minute of postponing might cost some man his life, as the worst things are happening right now at this moment as you’re reading these lines.

Thank you for reading this and thank you for being with me at this dark hour.
If you have any questions or need any translation – I am here.

PayPal: tristar.ua @ gmail.com
Skrill: savelifeua @ gmail.com
Book-keeping: https://yadi.sk/d/2oRX3E_TVZcyZ (left column - name and amount of money sent, right column – where money go).

Alina

Some photos of our soldiers receiving the support:

60765fac1597d3ee3634ec986b2506ac.jpg

75e8dcce2c2831da090c86080b5be894.jpg

2611160a008fbc2a455e046bf7990468.jpg

i never give money to anything but i sent $16.66 to this because you took the time to write this and because fuck russia. we swedes also live close enough to this that it hits home, it's really unpleasant to see these neo-soviet tendencies.

Слава Україні!

i never give money to anything but i sent $16.66 to this because you took the time to write this and because fuck russia. we swedes also live close enough to this that it hits home, it's really unpleasant to see these neo-soviet tendencies.

Слава Україні!
The media in EU and US shows only about 10-15% of what's really going on here, that's why I just needed to share.

Thanks a lot, Erik, you have no idea how much I appreciate the support and concern!

Героям Слава!

I don't have the words, but I do have a little money. I hope that it helps.

Путін - хуйло!

I follow this story closely. I believe I started a thread about it awhile back.

Fuck Russia.

Путін - хуйло!
Hahaha! Wow! Didn't expect to see Ukrainian here, especially slang. Thanks A LOT, Nad and Erik!

Dorian, yes you did, buddy, yes you did.

It's true, I'm fluent in 17 languages! Well no, but I can swear and order food in Farsi.

I don't know how to pronounce what I typed, but I absolutely stand by its meaning!

If you know any companies specified on military protective equipment, please let me know, I'll talk to them.

I saw and downloaded those Kardashian pictures to my jerkoff file on the 'puter. Then I realized that I was part of the problem, and immediately deleted them (along with two other pictures of her that I saved 5 years ago). She is useless fucking food, a walking, talking, shitting hunk of Velveeta.

every woman has worth, even if it is just as b8 material

be a gentleman about it