Reco : Rauhnacht - Vorweltschweigen

Ellestin

one-click buy
Sep 4, 2003
www.convivialhermit.net
I’d like to recommend a band called Rauhnacht because it’s really good. If, like most of the few sane people on this doomed planet, you’re into solid atmospheric, dark pagan metal with well-written German lyrics about nature and the old mountain spirits of the wild hunt, if you’ve ever felt a bond to the music of Lunar Aurora, Kermania, Bergthron, and maybe a touch of Agalloch thrown on top, you should maybe hit play on both these videos.

The album’s title means “silence of the ancient world”, that’s reason enough to buy or die imo

Last edited by a moderator:
First song had me quite doubtful, despite the names you threw out something just didn't feel right about what I was hearing.

The second song was quite enjoyable though. I shall have to investigate this further.

First song had me quite doubtful, despite the names you threw out something just didn't feel right about what I was hearing

Maybe the "happy" trumpet theme threw you off balance a bit. It's actually taken from The Wicker Man's soundtrack, and so is in tune with the band's concept around pagan superstitions and rites. I think it blends quite well with the rest, it's far from jollyfolk à la Finntroll if you see what I mean ;) Though I'd agree that Rauhnacht is at its best in darker, brooding terroitory.

I should add that it's actually the new project from Stefan Traunmüller of Golden Dawn, for anyone who remembers the great The Art of Dreaming back in 1997...