Katatonia fan art

Groth

the beast
My vision of the album "The Great Cold Distance":

364858271_66e5d6c53d.jpg

on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/groth/364858271/

Ok, this is quite brilliant! I admire what you have done with this and actually has given me inspiration. I love the "messy" look of it. I may form some of my own ideas which I'll build upon to create my own vision of Katatonia.

You an art student at all? I love working in photoshop, illustrator and just working by hand with such mediums as Charcoal/pencil/pen and ink, etc.

:cool: Lets see some more.

Come to think of it. If At The Gates were to time travel, they can use this for their first album 'The Red Vagina In The Red Sky Is Ours'.

:)

Ok, this is quite brilliant! I admire what you have done with this and actually has given me inspiration. I love the "messy" look of it. I may form some of my own ideas which I'll build upon to create my own vision of Katatonia.

You an art student at all? I love working in photoshop, illustrator and just working by hand with such mediums as Charcoal/pencil/pen and ink, etc.

:cool: Lets see some more.

Thanks for your words.

No, I'm not an art student. I'll study design of comunication this year.

I only used photoshop to make this two pieces.

Hey, LifeDepraved - you know what, man? That's not half bad. I mean, for something that took ya only 30 min. Interesting effect you have there on the mist/fog. Good stuff.

@Groth: o_O Dude, the new art is even superior to the first. Very Katatonic, if ya ask me. ;) If it was larger, it'd work quite well as my wallpaper.

@Ameneon: Sweetness!!! I'm loving the texture and use of colour. I get this "frozen" vibe out of it. Icy cold. I'm lovin' the concept.

@LifeDepraved: Hell yeah, I found myself once addicted to photoshop. Once I get started, that's the end of it - I could stay on for hours. In fact, I remember college (graphic design and all that) - which I'd suffer alot from all-nighters. Good times, aye. I gotta go back and finish my final year - I had to take a break at 2nd, for personal reasons.

For those who dont get mine: The thing in the midle of the eye is an organic structure model for teargas(the shit that burns in your eyes), and it's actually scanned from the back of my Katatonia Teargas shirt(which is a fucking sweet shirt, too bad its a bit to big for me). I'm guessing most of you knew it already, but maybe somebody learned something.

@Ameneon: @LifeDepraved: Hell yeah, I found myself once addicted to photoshop. Once I get started, that's the end of it - I could stay on for hours. In fact, I remember college (graphic design and all that) - which I'd suffer alot from all-nighters. Good times, aye. I gotta go back and finish my final year - I had to take a break at 2nd, for personal reasons.

Yeah I was a lot more into it My Senior year of High School and my first 2 years of college...now I stopped for a little bit, but getting back into it. I wanna start making album artwork for bands.

this is actually not katatonia related, this is a painting i made for my own band...but it somehow reminds me of katatonia. the photo quality is not the best but you get the point
592aeddfaade25edb93a67f8085f44f7.jpg

may I step in with my fan art too?
that one is based on the concept of TGCD,even tough I named it "Scarlet Heavens" for obvious reasons.
Pic and edition by me

Scarlet_Heavens_2_by_Amervie.jpg

Amervie is my DA username

I took several great pics during my trip last year,but I can't work on them yet cause my pc just died on me,so Im using my father's for the time being