Katatonia have the most unique vocals lines..

Strangemind

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2007
I think that what makes katatonia more special is the great vocal lines espcially in VE and TGCD.It's really something new. it's not the easy way that most bands follow..it's something extremelly difficult to create so 'catchy' and the same time so intelligent and original vocal lines..Katatonia's vocal lines are melodic and in the same time powerful and extreme.Completely amazing..

Yes it's true, Jonas has some special melodies and phrasings.

But for my taste, the most unique vocal lines creates Garm. Very often when I listen to them I think:"I wouldn't have come up with that"

who is Garm? :rolleyes: the only band i know with this name is a brutal band with no vocal melodies at all...:)do you mean Garm from ulver?

Its very unique indeed. I have tried on some occasions to make Katatonia-like meldoy lines just for fun... Its extremely difficult to capture that feeling. Theres no other vocalists out there that does anthing very similar.

i've heard Blood Inisde by ulver..great album..some great songs there like 'For the love of god'..what else do you suggest by ulver?i've heard some old arcturus stuff..nice music but not my style anymore..don't know about their new stuff..i'll check it..

i've heard Blood Inisde by ulver..great album..some great songs there like 'For the love of god'..what else do you suggest by ulver?i've heard some old arcturus stuff..nice music but not my style anymore..don't know about their new stuff..i'll check it..
Any album will do, really. Also reccommend another Garm thingy: Head control system - Murder nature.

Those good vocals owe a great part to the feelings of the one who makes them. They give the impression of a painful general depressive mood though....Be it so? No clue...