Introduce a band most-a-like Katatonia from your home country

tattz

Feb 2, 2009
Sure theres talk here about music similar to Katatonia, but I want to make it more specific.

Ever wondered there must be tons of good music thats sung in a foreign language? I did and now I want to introduce a band named Sara to you. It's very popular in Finland and often referred in media as something in the axel of Katatonia-Kent-Tool. They sing in Finnish, so most of you prolly have not heard from it, but I hope that's no excuse to not listen to it. At least I'm not bothered if a song is sung in complete gibrish to me.

Sara's sound is quite similar to Katatonia's TGCD-VE with piano added. They balance between riffs and beautiful minimalistic melodies. The singer reminds me of Jonas Renkse, very distinct, eerie, breathy way of singing.

Here's a last song from one of their album, "You wipe the years off my face"

When this song's chorus comes around 01:30, it brings to my mind, Inside the City of Glass and One Year From Now.

Another one, "A completed road", athmospheric

"Yet I form my shadows", diverse song

Theres a few good examples that aren't on youtube. There might be some songs in http://www.myspace.com/saranhuone though its under maintenance for some reason.

So, what do you think? Is it even close? Tell me and introduce a band as close as possible to Katatonia from your country!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sara is pretty good, thanks for showing, sadly I cannot return the favor as america has 90% shit for music

Even if 99% of the music in America is shit we still have the largest percentage of good bands.

Europe? Is thats not a single nation buddy.

Btw you can keep your melo death crap.

Lastly I'm not even going to argue. Since the good ol' rock n' roll days we have been leading the way. The only other nation that comes close is England bucko. Fact.

That whole statement doesn't even make sense. lol
If 99% is shit, then 1% is good. 1%=largest percentage? hardly lol.
Sweden owns America.
I'm just thinking real quick, but the only bands that I can say are truly great in America right now are like:
Agalloch, Between the Buried and Me, Dream Theater.

Even if 99% of the music in America is shit we still have the largest percentage of good bands.

I think most bands in the US are shitty. Even Cannibal corpse sounds like the cookie monster.

I don't think anything can beat strong bands like Katatonia, Opeth, Bloodbath, Finntroll etc and others in my opinion. Katatonia especially :devil:

I'm just thinking real quick, but the only bands that I can say are truly great in America right now are like:
Agalloch, Between the Buried and Me, Dream Theater.
I really can't stand the second two bands, and you missed Wolves In The Throne Room, Defeater, Lycia, Red House Painters, Battle Of Mice, but none of them are anything like Katatonia anyway

Yeah, I do not see the hype with Between The Buried And Me. They have a couple of good tracks, but I do not get it. Dream Theater is good sometimes.

Check out America's true genius in Kaki King.

This thread is full of fail.

There's more music in the world than just metal.

Heh, goodman. I saw that.

I have her Legs to Make Us Longer cd, and it's a really good instrumental cd. She went downhill after that though with the soft indie rock material she does now.

This thread is full of fail.

There's more music in the world than just metal.

Like the Jesus Twins! (as seen here on Howard Stern)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnDdhYul7Ck&feature=related[/ame]

I give my full endorsement and Pastor's seal of approval to almost any group that has the name Jesus in it's band name.