Introduce a band most-a-like Katatonia from your home country

Dude, I love this post!
Great bands I've never heard of before

That hum song was pretty big in America at least for a bit. If you listen to A Perfect Circle you've prolly heard their cover of Failure's, "The Nurse Who Loved Me." Plus Troy from their first cd was in Failure, and he's now in Queens of the Stone Age.

That hum song was pretty big in America at least for a bit. If you listen to A Perfect Circle you've prolly heard their cover of Failure's, "The Nurse Who Loved Me." Plus Troy from their first cd was in Failure, and he's now in Queens of the Stone Age.

Ah, that's well deserved then.
Yeah I hardly even knew The Nurse Who Loved Me was a cover, so I was pretty surprised to hear that song from Failure while going through youtube.
Good stuff

lol I had no idea that The Nurse Who Loved Me was a cover song :O now when Im listening the Failure's version, I must say that the APC's version is slightly better but the original is a great song too

lol I had no idea that The Nurse Who Loved Me was a cover song :O now when Im listening the Failure's version, I must say that the APC's version is slightly better but the original is a great song too
you're crazy, haha, seriously though I think Failure's version is way better, way more psychadellic, I love APC, but their version of "the nurse who loved me" is just ok, to me.

"another space song" is really good too, like I said earlier, just buy the Fantastic Planet album.

Yeah "stars" by Hum was their most popular, but that whole album rocks,

"suicide Machine" "the pod" "I hate it too" just to name a few of their best from that album........their other two albums are stellar as well

uhm, for example.. Forest of October by Opeth.. everytime it starts on my iPod I think it's something from Dance of December souls by Katatonia..
or else I'd say Kongh, they are swedish, right?

http://www.myspace.com/mistofavalon

From sweden..so not my home country, but VERY close ;)

This bloody band has been around for ages..and they've been working on this last album for 8 years or so. The vocalist is really special and their earlies stuff is a blend between Paradise Lost and Katatonia. One of the bands I've been hoping would get their act together...at least there are some new songs out now.

http://www.myspace.com/mistofavalon

From sweden..so not my home country, but VERY close ;)

This bloody band has been around for ages..and they've been working on this last album for 8 years or so. The vocalist is really special and their earlies stuff is a blend between Paradise Lost and Katatonia. One of the bands I've been hoping would get their act together...at least there are some new songs out now.

:headbang:Hell yeah they sound amazing thanks for the link.

In Grey - http://www.myspace.com/ingreytemple

haha I don't like daylight dies...or november's doom for that matter.

Minimoose, Mist Of Avalon is great, kinda like Lacrimas Profundere's newer stuff but not terriblely generic thumbs up

I was never a daylight dies fan but the newer album is amazing, and has totally absorbed, much like Katatonia has.

However just about every suggestion on these sites leave me feeling in between here and hell cos I get the clean stuff from katatonia and the heavy roar from Daylight dies, but all the spin ofs are either too stupid or dont sound serious.

Thats what it feels like to me, if you gonna be dark and light and the same time do it as good as katatonia, dont fuck about.

Im trying to do that, why can't you?