Katatonia live in Germany!

Deathlef said:
See you guys in Karlsruhe. Does anybody happen to know where to find a good parking spot near the venue?

BTW: I'm leaving from Tübingen...

beside the venue there is the Kongresscenter with a big underground parking.
2 minutes away from the Substage. thats where I always used to park.

I just came back from the gig in berlin and first i have to say it was a great show with an interesting set.
I feel like iam deaf now....the sound was pretty fucked up this time. Jonas was way to quiet and the fuckin drums were more than too loud....
I saw you guys live at the summer breeze and i thought the sound would be better this time in a closed building. But i was wrong with that idea.....
Please beat the hell out of the sounddudes.....they ruined it a bit.
Oh well.....and i was really disappointed that there was no "follower" :mad:

P.S.: And there was no Murder.....i would kill to see you perform Inside the Fall

well I think the sound (and their performance) was much better than in Stockholm, I have to say it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen! They really rocked! So I was really satisfied and I could hear very well Anders backing vocals this time, incredibly good!
Jonas delivered a flawless performance, awesome!
And Daniel ended the show with a cool long drum solo! ok no murder, but nice way to end!!
The setlsit was more or less the usual, they played "for my demons" that I haven´t heard for a while...(much appreciated) and the future of speech..
Columbia was a very nice club, quite big and this time more expensive... so despite the nice merch I didn´t buy anything..I´m quite broke at the moment...*sigh*

Novembre were also a very good supporting act! Nice to hear some good band from my country!
All in all a very positive experience, worth the money for this trip!
Pics will follow soon...now I´m heading to Hamburg:headbang:

Yeah, fantastic show last night. Ok, the sound wasn't really good, but who cares? Katatonia back in town! :) I agree, the drum solo at the end of the gig was cool... but also the intro was great. Very atmospheric & mysterious...

Yeah, I was in Karlsruhe yesterday and I was a little surprised... First of all, I expected the best and I got the best.
What surprised me most was the fact that Jonas is a really good live frontman. He seems so honest on stage - that's what I want to see... No posing (like Anders) or any image shit... Just Jonas Renkse 100%! Great, dude!

Tracklist did not surprise me really... Someone posted a picture of the playlist in another thread and almost all songs were played (except that one of the less good tracks on LFDGD - "The future of speech" - replaced "I am nothing" which I was really looking forward to!) + we got to hear "Murder"... Damn, Jonas still is a good shouter, too!!
As I have been looking forward to this gig almost the last ten years this gig reaches my personal top 5 gig list...

On a side note: the venue was well chosen... The staff was friendly and correct as well as the Baden Württembergian crowd! Thumbs up!

The Foreverlorn said:
... No posing (like Anders) or any image shit... Just Jonas Renkse 100%! Great, dude!

hi hi hi.....:)

here som pics of the gigs in Berlin and Hamburg (great gig even in Hamburg, little local but very nice moshing- screaming- jumping- crowd).
Yeah Anders is the real "rockstar" of the show...
I found Mattias really cool too:)

kataberlinhamburg033.jpg

kataberlinhamburg088.jpg

kataberlinhamburg074.jpg

mattiasberlin.jpg

jmh.jpg

kataberlinhamburg083.jpg

kataberlinhamburg090.jpg

kataberlinhamburg076.jpg

kataberlinhamburg072.jpg

ah.jpg

The Foreverlorn said:
@ether:
cool pics...

btw. Yesterday I thought Rolf Lassgård was the new singer in Katatonia... They look very alike...

Really? o_O

NYHETER-30s15-lassgard-92.jpg

lassgard_autogramm.jpg

rolflassgard_inte-rview.jpg

Time to say something about the gig in Cologne yesterday *g* ... but where to start.

First of all: It was fucking great... maybe the best concert I've ever been to (by now)...
It was also somehow a dream coming true for me as it was my first real Katatonia gig (I've only seen them on festivals before) and I was standing in the first row right "between" Anders & Jonas... *sighs* ... and the crowd was great too... lots of nice people! :)
They played

Criminals, Deadhouse, Deliberation, Evidence, For My Demons, Future Of Speech, Ghosts Of The Sun, In The White, July, Murder, My Twin, Sleeper, Soil's Song, Sweet Nurse, Teargas, Tonight's Music... and Wealth (this list may contain mistakes o_O)

Well, I really really enjoyed the show, though it was awefully hot in that club and I didn't like Novembre that much... but I got one of Anders guitar picks and Daniel shook my hand x) *hooray* ... (;
I can't wait to see them next week in Essen *hrhr*

And at this point thanx a thousand times to Unicorn again for giving me a place to sleep and making the whole evening as comfortable as possible for me ;D