Katatonia live in Germany!

agonija said:
Unicorn said:
Sorry, ich hoffe, ihr könnt mir verzeihen :) natürlich viel Spaß Mädels (und Jungs, falls doch welche dabei sind). :headbang:

Nur noch ich, aber ich zähle nicht weil ich schwul werde ;)

@fireangel
I bought my ticket at ticketshop "Kautz" today.

@bloody swan
:lol:

Unicorn said:
Nur noch ich, aber ich zähle nicht weil ich schwul werde ;)

:confused:

ach so, von wegen Kata ist so sexy on the stage....;)
na ja, ob Jungs oder Mädels ob schwul oder nicht, ich beneide euch trotzdem....

agonija said:
:confused:

ach so, von wegen Kata ist so sexy on the stage....;)
na ja, ob Jungs oder Mädels ob schwul oder nicht, ich beneide euch trotzdem....

agonija is really getting confused about all this:

BloodySwan: a girl
Unicorn: a guy
fireangel: a girl

:D

So it´s front row (I hope very much :cry: )

And as a hint, for getting a band play in your city, bother the booking agency (but not that mail mentioned on the Katatonia-page for concert organizers, but a more general mail addy that hopefully is on the bookers´page, too) and you can also try to bug the booking-people at the venue, for example the Backstage in Munich or whatnot, and bring your wishes to them, so that they know there is demand.

So, yesterday we were in Essen... and I can almost say it was the night of my life... [man, that sounds crappy *haha*].
Cologne has already been overwhelming amazing ... but Essen was KILLER. Acutally I liked the crowd in Cologne better, but who cares [at least I've seen the cool guys from Cologne in Essen again *hrhr* (;].
I was something between a rotting zombie and a freaking out chick... had just slept a few hours the night before, had a long and hard day... and a really bad one... had to travel 1 1/2 hour to get to Essen and the traffic sucked o_O ... I was stressed out and everything... but I mean, it was Katatonia, no time to think about such things :erk: and it was great, amazingly great... I think the lighting was better than in Cologne... the sound was pretty good [even in the first row :Smug:] and the show too, of course. It was so good it soothed my exhaustion away *lol* ... guess I found a new drug.
Just one not so good thing happened... one of Daniel's drumsticks hit my throat *LOL* ...oh, and Anders gave his pick to me [again? haha x)] ...

After their show I nearly fell off my socks sleeping... +.+ and that's why I should go sleeping now instead of writing confusing things (; ...

Maybe Unicorn and fireangel can add some things ^^ ... was anyone else there?

the playlist :D

1. Leaders
2. Wealth
3. Soil´s Song
4. Deadhouse
5. Teargas
6. Sweet Nurse
7. Deliberation
8. Ghost
9. My Twin
10. Criminals
11.The Future Of Speech
12. Tonight´s Music
13. For My Demons
14. Sleeper
15. July
16. In The White
---
17. Evidence
18. Murder (that was not on their list, but they played it fortunately :cool: )

I was really stressed out from travelling there, too, it was much farther than to Cologne, and hot and stuff... but when I arrived, it was all forgotten =)
Nice people around (except for those strange ones shouting senseless stuff to the stage) and the concert itself was as awesome as ever (and first row, *wheeee*)

I don´t really wanna write how the concert made me feel (very good, that I can reveal :p), it´s safely tucked away in my twisted mind and heart :dopey:

fireangel said:
Nice people around (except for those strange ones shouting senseless stuff to the stage)

Do you mean the guys who shouted "You are listening to the track Deliberation from the forthcoming..." ??

Some words about Novembre:

Great show, better than expected. My girlfriend liked them more than Katatonia. :mad: LOL
But the clear voice could have been louder.
Anyone noticed the playlist?

Katatonia:

In my opinion, the playlist yesterday had one fault. "In the white" was wrong placed. At this point of the show it was a little bit boring I think. And I also missed one of my favs which they could have played instead. "I am nothing"

I had to notice, that my best friend, who was with me, could be a Jonas-Double when he puts his hair into the face. Quite funny.

All in all it was an amazing evening, which made me dancing and smiling on the one hand, one the other "Tonight's music" made me cry again. Same thing as 3 Years ago in Krefeld. An emotional flow...

Thanks

Actually there's nothing to add.
The crowd was great. The show was.. wow +.+ don't know how to describe. All in all it was an incredible amazing evening.

the_eerie_cold said:
Do you mean the guys who shouted "You are listening to the track Deliberation from the forthcoming..." ??

No, I didn´t hear that, though what you wrote wouldn´t be too nice either, but various stupid versions outspoken of the name Katatonia, and when they were waiting for the drummer for like 3 sec at the beginning of a new part, people were complaining as "now finally begin with the song" (all that in German, I mean..) and other, like they were watching football and shouting their comments or something... :rolleyes:

btw, I was in Krefeld that day, too :)

fireangel said:
No, I didn´t hear that, though what you wrote wouldn´t be too nice either, but various stupid versions outspoken of the name Katatonia, and when they were waiting for the drummer for like 3 sec at the beginning of a new part, people were complaining as "now finally begin with the song" (all that in German, I mean..) and other, like they were watching football and shouting their comments or something... :rolleyes:

btw, I was in Krefeld that day, too :)

Can't we continute to go to a Katashow every week together?
I love Katatonia. I didn't dare to take pictures when they where outside before and after the show. Why can't I just ask? I'm too nervous...

Unicorn said:
Can't we continue to go to a Katashow every week together?

yes and no. No, because it would be sheerly overwhelming for my entire system :D and I like certain things be rare, then they are the more special. Also my ears wouldn´t like it (I can´t go to concerts too often anymore, I do wear good earplugs but I just can´t, I don´t want to be deaf in ten years).
They might do an acoustic gig, then okay... :D

Yes, because it was so grand :oops:
But I wanna see them in other venues again, too, and I never saw them in Sweden, so that´s still an option :)

I love Katatonia. I didn't dare to take pictures when they where outside before and after the show. Why can't I just ask? I'm too nervous...

Next time ;)

What about alternate gigs of Nightingale and Katatonia?

fireangel said:
yes and no. No, because it would be sheerly overwhelming for my entire system :D and I like certain things be rare, then they are the more special. Also my ears wouldn´t like it (I can´t go to concerts too often anymore, I do wear good earplugs but I just can´t, I don´t want to be deaf in ten years).
They might do an acoustic gig, then okay... :D

Yes, because it was so grand :oops:
But I wanna see them in other venues again, too, and I never saw them in Sweden, so that´s still an option :)

Next time ;)

What about alternate gigs of Nightingale and Katatonia?

Everything is possible...
fuck, I'm so depressed right now. :cry:

fireangel said:
agonija is really getting confused about all this:

BloodySwan: a girl
Unicorn: a guy
fireangel: a girl

:D

So it´s front row (I hope very much :cry: )

And as a hint, for getting a band play in your city, bother the booking agency (but not that mail mentioned on the Katatonia-page for concert organizers, but a more general mail addy that hopefully is on the bookers´page, too) and you can also try to bug the booking-people at the venue, for example the Backstage in Munich or whatnot, and bring your wishes to them, so that they know there is demand.

Thanks, now I´m not that confused anymore :lol:.....and it is a good idea, I spend almost every weekend at Backstage, why didn´t I get this idea myself ? :cry: Do you really think that could influence the decisions of booking guys there?

Unicorn said:
fuck, I'm so depressed right now. :cry:
A destined goodbye... bells rang out the day of your worst fear :cry:
And there's no need being nervous, do it like me... switch off your brain, hold your breath and INTO THE BATTLE *haha* o_O ... life's too short to think about how embarassing things can be :oops: :Smug:

And I have to go with fireangel... Katatonia every week would be way too much for my poor heart ó.ò ... but 2006's gonna be my Kata-overkill anyway ;D ... living for years in "Abstinenz" to enjoy'em 4 times in one year ... *whooo* ...

@Leyssa: Oh yes, honey, oh yes (; you should've taken the "monitorbox" with you 'coz I forgot to *lol* ...

@agonija: Yepp, that has an effect... but it's mainly about the fans if it'll have a huge effect, a less huge one... or no effect. Coz if you get ... dunno... loooots of people to ask for a band the organizers will think twice if they'll let bypass the next tour or spend some more money to at least try to get them.

I was in Essen as well! Probably the only person who wasn't dressed all in black ('twas wearing red converse sneakers and khaki trousers). :p

Had a lot of fun, stood right next to the PA on the left (thank God for Ohropax) and kept a lookout for my friends photo kit. Actually I'd given up hope for seeing Katatonia this tour, but I got invited and was able to hitch a ride from Essen to Münster, both of which made me very happy.

Best two comments: "Ganz großes Kino" and "I couldn't get one single photo of the singer's face". :lol:

Only thing that majorly pissed me off was that the tees cost 20 euros (and I am stoney broke ATM and have to buy a new distortion stompbox. Damn!).

Otherwise, great performance, the guys had a lot of fun. I liked the tracklist as well, although I hoped they'd play a bit more of their older stuff. Lots of nice posing as well.

I like metal concerts. People are always friendly, kind and helpful. I met a Mexican guitarist on my way to the Zeche who was kind enough to bestow me with an album of his band (which I'll have to review). Wonderful!

In case any of the gear freaks are interested, the guitarists used Damage Control Womanizers and Boss GT-3s directly into the PA. The bass player used an EBS valve amp, which was mic'ed. And I thought I might get to see their custom Matamps in performance....

BloodySwan said:
@Leyssa: Oh yes, honey, oh yes (; you should've taken the "monitorbox" with you 'coz I forgot to *lol* ...

lol, yes. I'm in love with this lovely monitorbox which was touched by Anders and I forgot it, too. How could I?

Leyssa said:
lol, yes. I'm in love with this lovely monitorbox which was touched by Anders and I forgot it, too. How could I?

That reminds me of the greedy jackass who took plectrums from Blakkies mic stand when no one was looking. And wound up getting more, and two drum sticks. And repeatedly asked for more stuff. Talk about greedy!

JohnMS said:
That reminds me of the greedy jackass who took plectrums from Blakkies mic stand when no one was looking. And wound up getting more, and two drum sticks. And repeatedly asked for more stuff. Talk about greedy!
Yeah fukk man ... that was such a ... ARRRRGH! ... how could he! ... Leyssa & her sis should have kicked him in his ass -.- ... and he was so rude to the others in the crowd just to make sure he'll get his way to the front and the possibility to steal them!

So when you were on the left side where the photographers were... you must have been right behind/beside me and my friends (;

@Leyssa: Oh yes! Not only that Anders touched it *hrhr* ... but I leaned my head against it in order not to fell to the floor sleeping while waiting for Katatonia ... that one was actually quite sexy ... so deep black and somehow felt like velvet and ... oh gotta take my medicine ;-P

@Bloody Swan: Yeah, right, I was standing on the left with the photographers. The woman I was with takes band and concert photos etc., so I hung around with her (and her gear). :)

I'll post the link to the photos as soon as they're available online.

I was the slender young man with the short hair, black polo shirt, beige trekking pants and red converse. Add a bag and you've got me! Who were you and your friends?

I actually thought about going to that gay fan and ask him to give me something and look all mean and so on. But I didn't..... :saint: