Katatonia live in Germany!

ahhh, the WGT... it's pretty close to where I live but I don't really like that festival and all I would want to see there is Katatonia and The Old Dead Tree. It seems they don't sell one day tickets (or does anyone know?) or tickets only for that stage (haha, Kohlrabizirkus.... what a killer name :zombie: ) I don't wanna waste a lot of money to spend a whole weekend among gothic folks& mostly boring bands... Better go to Summer Breeze!!!!

@Unicorn: Well... it could be better ... seems as if destiny does not want to see me attending the WGT.
But I will! I WILL! Nothing & no one can stop me!! *haaaaarrrrrrr* :erk:

Cis said:
ahhh, the WGT... it's pretty close to where I live but I don't really like that festival and all I would want to see there is Katatonia and The Old Dead Tree. It seems they don't sell one day tickets (or does anyone know?) or tickets only for that stage (haha, Kohlrabizirkus.... what a killer name :zombie: ) I don't wanna waste a lot of money to spend a whole weekend among gothic folks& mostly boring bands... Better go to Summer Breeze!!!!
[aye... Kata & The Old Dead Tree are also my main reasons to go there *lol* and no, as far as I know they don't sell day tickets... or at least not now]
as I told you somewhere else: I don't really like it too... but I love Leipzig and... well.. why not...
WHAT THE FUKK? They're playing at "Kohlrabizirkus"??? Where'd ya gotta know this? o_O ... where the hell is that ... ehr... thing? It's not on my WGT-map from 2004 ... -.- and that name is just... oh my ... sounds as if they put Kata into a vegetables-growing-house ... full with aweful vegetables-monsters :ill: ... ... oh and I thought I would not have to pay... but I have to -.- ... nevermind... I need my drugs *G*

Yeah... Summer Breeze... will be great, maybe we can hook up there, too as you already met all the dutch fans *hrhr* (;

Unicorn said:
Hey Kata-guys... if you're nice then put BloodySwan on the WGT guest list. She's a nice and pretty girl and such a damn big Katatonia fan :worship: :headbang:
IEKZ!!!!! O_O
Unicorn???!!!!!??? ... aaaah how embarrassing!!!! ... *runs away and hides* ... how could you... :cry:

BloodySwan said:
IEKZ!!!!! O_O
Unicorn???!!!!!??? ... aaaah how embarrassing!!!! ... *runs away and hides* ... how could you... :cry:

haha
"They can seeeee youuuuu, so don't try to hhhide.... when you will wake up, it's only a dream..."

BloodySwan said:
WHAT THE FUKK? They're playing at "Kohlrabizirkus"??? Where'd ya gotta know this? o_O ... where the hell is that ... ehr... thing? It's not on my WGT-map from 2004 ... -.- and that name is just... oh my ... sounds as if they put Kata into a vegetables-growing-house ... full with aweful vegetables-monsters :ill: ...

Well, somebody told me... I think it's somewhere in the South of Leipzig, check the Website of that KOHLRABIZIRKUS :guh: :tickled: :devil:
I hope they're not forcing the bands to go on stage dressed as vegetable clowns or something... :zombie:

Yeah... Summer Breeze... will be great, maybe we can hook up there, too as you already met all the dutch fans *hrhr* (;

Would be cool! I like to meet everyone from this forum, all Katafans are so nice!

@Unicorn: Are there any noises? ... I can't hear you...?! Well, be quiet over there ;-P

Cis said:
Well, somebody told me... I think it's somewhere in the South of Leipzig, check the Website of that KOHLRABIZIRKUS
I hope they're not forcing the bands to go on stage dressed as vegetable clowns or something...

Would be cool! I like to meet everyone from this forum, all Katafans are so nice!
Strange, a friend of mine also told me... *shrugs* hmmm though I hope this too, it might be really funny to have a vegi-band on stage *rofl* o_O [by the way... that venue seems not only to be quite scary but also ugly +.+ and at the very end of the world... or at least of Leipz'sch] ... well, I will see what happens and I'm not gonna keep it as a secret *hrhr*

Yepp, agreed... Katafans are really nice =)

Hey :)

as John mentioned before we did a review and I took some pics at the show in Essen. The review and some of the pics are now online at www.reflectionsofdarkness.com :)

katatonia05.jpg

Ciao
Dani

Black_Cat said:
Thanx a lot Dani!

But I have to agree with Vincent... it's a bit unfair to drag that down because of the light AND the light wasn't thaaat bad... I mean I'm not a light expert or anything but I guess I've been to enough gigs in my life to say that it wasn't outstanding bad in Essen ^^ indeed it was worse in Cologne ... *hm*

"Jonas looks like that witch girl from The Ring" ... :zombie: :ill: o_O
"Especially the female fans, which were hugging the stage monitors" <<< I doubt that :p

@Unicorn: Shut up! -.-

well, since the photos are so nice, the light can&#180;t have been that bad :p

"Especially the female fans, which were hugging the stage monitors..."
Please! o_O The front row consisted of 50% male and female folks each. There are only two possible solutions: either you were in the front row yourself, but don&#180;t want to admit it, or you were fed-up with that no-one would let you there :D

btw, I don&#180;t agree with that Katatonia & Novembre were that much of a good match. I didn&#180;t like Novembre at all, saw them 3 times meanwhile, and it never got any better. They are very good musicians, but the majority of the songs are somehow with a lot of loose ends. Then I prefer much more Green Carnation, where all that guitar-hugging makes sense and the songs show structure.

Cis said:
You should come! Would be cool to see some of the "Holland people" there :) :headbang:
Get on your bicycles and go! :yow:
hehehehe, it's quite far you know:rolleyes:
I'll see what I can do... The bands don't really attract me that much though...
we'll see
It would be great to see you and everyone again!

Just packed my stuff ... 2 hours left before I'll be heading towards Leipzig ... ... I'm quite curious what kind of people & how many are going to attend the Kata-gig tomorrow ... *shrugs* ... let's see what happens *hrhr*...

...see you next week... if I survive ... ... (;

So, I just got back home from a bad-weathered, boring Wave-Gotik-Treffen...
Well, it wasn't expected to be a killer event... for me it was just a "Let's meet up with good ol' friends in a cool city and see a few bands"... ... Saturday was our first true festival-day and after some sightseeing in the rain we decided to go to see Ausgang in the early evening. On our way down the city we came across the cinema where Katatonia were supposed to give a signing-session... and spontaneously we jumped in... to see a laaarge queue... of ... ...non-existing people. Just one girl and me & my friends... scary! o_O
Later the night we entered the Kohlrabizirkus in case to see The Old Dead Tree and were confronted with the same problem: Nearly no one was there?! [Yeah okay... but only a very few people compared to that fucking big hall] While the following bands were playing my friend & me slowly made our way to the front... where we met another friend of mine and some nice portuguese guys who pushed us into the first row because we were so tiny *haha* :Smug:
It was a cool show... no question... but a scary one. There were scary people around me, scary photographers in front of me and some scary ramblings about Jonas' scary underwear in every corner of the venue. :zombie:
I think the sound was really good & clear... the light was cool too... but it was a bit annoying to have this fucking steel-barrier in front of me... and it was a bit late... and a not that big crowd... and and and...

If there's anyone out there interested in the setlist... (alphabetical order): Criminals, Deadhouse, Deliberation, Evidence, Ghosts Of The Sun, July, Leaders, My Twin, Soil's Song, Teargas, Wealth

I remember saying [indirectly] earlier in this thread that I dislike the WGT and that I don't really think that Katatonia should play there... well... I can just confirm my opinion. *hm*

hmm, sorry to hear your days weren't very good...
but did you amuse yourself, or was it like no fun at all?:p
btw, I know scary fotographers too... at the katatonia gig in arnhem there was one woman who took a lot of photos (probably for some site or something) and she was walking around in the first rows like everybody should get aside for her and was standing in my view of the band and was just being really anoying... grrr:mad: