Katatonia should tour with Opeth!

I think Novembers Doom would be a welcome addition to a Katatonia/Opeth tour, Also if you added Primordial (From Ireland) it would simply be a tour with all the bands from the one progessive genre touring together, pitty it would never happen, although Opeth and Katatonia toured with one another in 2001

For a US Tour it should be....
Opeth/Katatonia
or
Lacuna Coil/Katatonia

Either one of those would get Katatonia a shit load more fans. Katatonia dont seem to want to tour with Opeth, I asked them about it. I also bug Mike from Opeth about it everytime I see him. Lacuna Coil would like to take Katatonia out on a US tour if it was possible. Andrea from Lacuna Coil had some Katatonia cds with him when they were touring the US last summer. I really hope this next album gets Katatonia on a US tour. I doubt thats gonna happen though. I'll just keep on playing the lottery, maybe I'll win a couple million and just pay for the tour myself.

I'd love to see Katatonia scam a support with Evanescence and educate all the nu metal fans on what real music is (plus it would probably get them to more cities around the world so some of us can see them)

EDIT ::
Not to mention they'd blow Evanescence away!:headbang:

Eleria said:
I guess it depends on which source you quote. I know people here call them nu metal.

I quote myself. Seems most elitists call anything that doesn't fall into their definition of metal "nu metal", even if it's not metal at all and just happens to be kind of heavy and popular. "Popular" being the key word.

MountainDweller said:
I quote myself. Seems most elitists call anything that doesn't fall into their definition of metal "nu metal", even if it's not metal at all and just happens to be kind of heavy and popular. "Popular" being the key word.

You do put forward a good point.
Commercial Success + A Heavy Sound = nu metal
That's how it seems to some people I guess
Then again wasn't nu metal called neo metal a few years back?
While I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of Evanescence I don't mind some of their songs.

This has gotten a little off topic hasn't it ;)

Eleria said:
You do put forward a good point.
Commercial Success + A Heavy Sound = nu metal
That's how it seems to some people I guess
Then again wasn't nu metal called neo metal a few years back?
While I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of Evanescence I don't mind some of their songs.

This has gotten a little off topic hasn't it ;)

Ha ha! yeah, it starts out as a Katatonia/Opeth tour, and is now a nu-metal/evanescence debate :cool:

Eleria said:
I'd love to see Katatonia scam a support with Evanescence and educate all the nu metal fans on what real music is (plus it would probably get them to more cities around the world so some of us can see them)

EDIT ::
Not to mention they'd blow Evanescence away!:headbang:

Everyones so rapped up in that evanescence crap .. like its something NEW..
well I think of earlier novembers doom, rain fell within, 3rd and the mortal and the gathering..

the majority of the U.S is so uncultured when it comes to good music..

Opeth/Katatonia/Green Carnation/Nightingale/Novembers Doom .. Maybe we can get a couple of Bloodbath tunes, plus Dan can join ND to play his guitar part in "Dark World Burden", and whatever else might come of that night with the talent presented.