Kemper + Pod x3?

Jun 12, 2012
Hello,

i will buy the Kemper Rack as soon as it is out. Till then i need something to play live. I love the PodFarm sound and thought about the POD X3 because it has midi/in/through/out. Can i use it afterwards as Midi Controller? So i have something for the time till i have the kemper. Afterwards a midi controller and a backup amp simulation. Would be perfect. Anyone who does that?

Greetings

I have both, but never tried them together for midi controlling... but i guess it wont be a problem. If i have some spare time ill try it and report back.

On the other hand, pod farm (software) and the pod x3 dont sound exactly the same so dont expect to buy the pod x3 to get that tone. Of course it can get close... but there is something about the x3 that doesnt sound right....

Personally I would grab a POD HD500 in the meantime, the X3 is old tech and the 500's are cheap. Then once your Kemper arrives you can use it for effects/midi control. I have read experiences from a number of people on the Kemper boards who use a Kemper for amps and a HD500 for effects switching. :)

yeah i thought about that too but i really HATE the POD HD sound. (really i HATE it^^) [borrowed one of a friend in the moment. The Effects like the Whammy are good but the amp sims suck]