Kemper Profiling Amp

I dunno if either of the CEOs of Fractal and Kemper are being fair towards each other now but it doesn't matter. If a product makes a customer happy, it has served it's purpose and that is all.

Could`nt they smooth out the built in screamer or add a new model? that would make it easier live etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't really ever heard a TS software emulation that sounded as good as the real thing. The one in the Axe-FX definitely wasn't the same, and you guys are saying the same about the Kemper... the TSE 808 was pretty good actually, but still not as good as using a real TS, IMO.

Maybe the compression the TS adds to the signal is a bigger part of why we like tubescreamers than we think, as that's probably much harder/maybe impossible to model accurately compared to the EQ curve of a TS...

I'm wondering if it matters that the instrument input is in the wrong place in the tone chain. You know:

In real life: guitar - boost - amp input

Modelers: guitar - modeler instrument input - boost model - amp input

Or are the models made so that this has been taken to account? Not all inputs of pedals and amps are something I'd consider transparent.

What i always wondered is if you model components seperately, how are they able to successfully reproduce their interaction but then again i am clueless anyway lol.
But that stupid question is the reason why i have used the built in kpa screamer since i thought the kpa input isnt that of an amp so the modelling plus profile interaction should be more accurate but according to u guys' experiences i guess im totally incorrect so ill try my harware screamers. (one thing i noticed tho is my settings of the kpa boost is different to what i set it to usually on the pedals)

Profiling a bit today:

253064_10151106222973525_1799654443_n.jpg

Here's a comparison between a profile done with the boost embedded in the profile and one with the raw amp + the boost infront of the KPA:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/392637/MP3/Kemper/TS vs No TS/BoostInProfile.mp3

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/392637/MP3/Kemper/TS vs No TS/NoBoostInProfile.mp3