Kemper Profiling Amp

i've tried profiling the 5150 model in the AxeII. It just doesn't translate as good as with real amps. The kemper adds it's own coloration which makes it sound quite different.

Are there any plans with the kemper to have it as a USB interface with a software based controller for it?

My new clip with a Kemper (the profile is in the description)

Last edited by a moderator:
i've tried profiling the 5150 model in the AxeII. It just doesn't translate as good as with real amps. The kemper adds it's own coloration which makes it sound quite different.

the KPA was developed to recreate the sound & feel of a tube amp, devices that behave unlike a tube amp will therefore lead to different results.

I don't know about axeFxII, but in this video it seems that axefx can be profiled just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you're profiling just the preamp section of the axefx (without the cab impulse), the results are bad as you say.
If you profile with cab it should match.
When I profiled my rectifier preamp section it just sucked so bad, while when I profiled the full chain (included poweramp/cab/mic) it sounded spot on.

I would love if Kemper could update another option to save "presets":
Basically save the whole Rig but without the profiled Amp + Cab(just the info which Amp and Cab), so we would be able to share bought Rigs like The Amp Factory ones for example.

Would be also a good to make exchanges with other studios(for mixing purposes or such) and be 100% legit, as you're not able to tell if these studios really bought it.

Also, Lasse:
Have you planned to sell Rigs?
Is maybe already a time frame planned;)?

In around 3 weeks, I will do a (metal)-profile pack!
Will try to capture some popular heads with different cabs and mic combinations.
Stay tuned.
(Todays test run was awesome :) )
69216_601720743175461_683838126_n.jpg
:popcorn:

DI is fine; I went from going gtr -> redeye -> API312 -> FF800, I feel no degradation going gtr -> KPA -> SPDIF.

Again - I don't monitor anything but the inputs. Latency isn't an issue. I've never gotten how guys track with the buffer super low because my computer freaks the fuck out and adds clicks/pops to recorded tracks or isn't stable in playback. With a few tracks it's fine but when I'm doing my full tracking (and I mix as I go) it just doesn't fly.

I still don't understand how you track with the KPA as an insert. Do you only listen to one DI at a time or are you just constantly bouncing the plugin every time you complete a riff? That sounds like such a pain in the ass.

You can have a second track next to the DI with the input set to the Kemper SPDIF out. I still prefer the sound of my interface DI, though there's not much difference.

I also find it easier this way because I have a rack tuner that monitors the input. I also find setting the input level easier on my interface.

Join date: Sept 2004, I would've been about to turn 14. I remember joining to get help with Battery and drum programming, have definitely come a long way since then. :lol: Also gotta remember I'm only 22 now, it's not like I've spent half my life here. Just almost half.

We have the same age... I joinend the forum when I was 20, though I have been visiting since i was 17

Looks like the rack and the 'PowerRack' are out there in full force now.

Curious as to whether there's going to be a waiting list for those..