Kemper Profiling Amp

Fuck you all, I want to read kemper stuff :D

+1

i have the kemper 1 week and im 50% VERY HAPPY and 50% VERY Dissapointed. The overall sound is cool the option to edit everything is very cool too BUT: the cab off function dont works accurat. not even a bit. profiled an engl Invader 4 times with 4 different mic placements. If i turn of the cab function (yes monitor out) and run it through another amp + cab its everytime a REALLY BIG difference between the 4 profiles which should sound the same because its same amp with same settings just the cab is differnet ... what experience did you make with the cab off function?

i would find it great when we could make only amp profiles (with di box) and ADD a cab afterwards (so the cab button should be turned of automatically when profiling) maybe a option at the beginning of the profiling. Stack or Amp .. what do you think?

i dont know if i return the kemper (3 weeks left) somehow now a 6505+ and a torpedo looks very attractive to me... :D dont get me wrong kemper is great but i suspected something more... accurate

+1

i have the kemper 1 week and im 50% VERY HAPPY and 50% VERY Dissapointed. The overall sound is cool the option to edit everything is very cool too BUT: the cab off function dont works accurat. not even a bit. profiled an engl Invader 4 times with 4 different mic placements. If i turn of the cab function (yes monitor out) and run it through another amp + cab its everytime a REALLY BIG difference between the 4 profiles which should sound the same because its same amp with same settings just the cab is differnet ... what have experience did you make with the cab off function?

i would find it great when we could make only amp profiles (with di box) and ADD a cab afterwards (so the cab button should be turned of automatically when profiling) maybe a option at the beginning of the profiling. Stack or Amp .. what do you think?

i dont know if i return the kemper (3 weeks left) somehow now a 6505+ and a torpedo looks very attractive to me... :D dont get me wrong kemper is great but i suspected something more... accurate

Dude the kemper is not cloning your preamp tone.... it clones well the whole picture.
I think the kemper creates distortion similar to the one of the amp(using algorithms) then using impulses it maches the poweramp/cab/mic tone.
That's why it can't separate properly the distorted tone from the poweramp/cab/mic.

Do any of you guys have any cool clean profiles that you're digging? I've got a Fender Twin profile and LoneStar profile that I like, but I'm still on the hunt for something else. What've you guys had luck with?

just learned about jason becker. I think he might have been the greatest shredder of all time. the stuff he plays is something I've not heard anybody else play, it's crazy. take a look at what he was able to accomplish at only 20 years of age here:
too bad he got this horrible disease. would have loved to see where his ability could have taken him.

Last edited by a moderator:
First you guys talk about your age and now about Jason Becker :Spin:

Fuck profiling, I have have to tell you something about my weight watcher progress;)

Do any of you guys have any cool clean profiles that you're digging? I've got a Fender Twin profile and LoneStar profile that I like, but I'm still on the hunt for something else. What've you guys had luck with?

Try the Fender SuperChamp profiles. Dont know much about clean amps but i downloaded them for a friend to try kemper and he liked them very much so did i.

Has anyone tried to use Cabmaker to make his own kemper cabinets using impulses?
I tried to make one but it sounds like shit for some reason, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.
Here's how it sounds: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/316805/kemper01.mp3
And here's how it's supposed to sound (I disabled the cab in the kemper and used kfir in cubase to load the impulse): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/316805/kemper02.mp3

dont get it why someone should use IRs with the Kemper :D

///

today i tried the kemper with a marshall mg (fx return) + cab and behringer FR box and fucking loved it. Think i will buy the MG from a friend for 50€ [it looks VERY used :D] just for the PowerAmp. And the MG for it self isnt that bad though. Heard static X toured with it many times.

First you guys talk about your age and now about Jason Becker :Spin:

Fuck profiling, I have have to tell you something about my weight watcher progress;)

That's nothing man. I'm surprised some guitarists still think there's a place for guitar solos in the music industry in 2013. :D

Yeah, I think that's bullshit to be honest. Good IR sound just as good as the cabs on the kemper. The advantage of the kemper is the quality of the amp simulation. And that it can "capture" amp sounds, obviously.

lol thats what i expected from the kemper but it cannot sperate the cab sound exactly from the cab. as i wrote before we profiled the engl invader 4 times with the same settings but everytime an other mic position. So when you turn the cab of you have 4 completly different sounds...

dont get me wrong im not that analog guy i even love pod farm :D. But some guy correct me some pages before and i thinks hes right. The Kemper is only good (no thats false ---- only exact in creating copys) when you capture the whole thing. BUT if it sounds great with your IR why not ... i just meant you will find a kemper cab thats to your liking too