Kemper Profiling Amp

At the moment I am working on the album of my own band....Kemper all the way!
(Rhythms, Leads, Bass)

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, what is that white circle thingy on the headstock? Is it to mute the strings from ringing? Because it doesn't mute the 2 low strings which, from my experience, cause the most noise when you palm mute. Although when you have a locking nut I'm not sure it's even necessary.

nice track man!!!

Thanks man!

Out of curiosity, what is that white circle thingy on the headstock? Is it to mute the strings from ringing? Because it doesn't mute the 2 low strings which, from my experience, cause the most noise when you palm mute. Although when you have a locking nut I'm not sure it's even necessary.

Lasse is right! It is for muting the strings and works quiete well. I also use it as a pick holder, when playing live.

Just bought a kemper and must i'm happy about it ;)
I did some profiles using my evh 50w and recto 2x12 and kemper did the job fine.
Here is a clip from lasse and mago's di pack, if you like it i could share my profiles with you.

If you think it suck it will probably be my fault and not the kempers ;)

I did some profiles using my evh 50w and recto 2x12 and kemper did the job fine.
Here is a clip from lasse and mago's di pack, if you like it i could share my profiles with you.

I dig it.
which kemper did yo get? rack or toaster?

Sounds pretty good, man. I'm liking my Kemper much better now that I actually have made some of my own profiles.

I'm liking my Kemper much better now that I actually have made some of my own profiles.

I've heard similar statements a couple of times recently, being less happy with other people's profiles that is.
Is the Kemper very dependent on the particular guitar that was used in the creation of the profile?

Is the Kemper very dependent on the particular guitar that was used in the creation of the profile?

In my experience, yes. You can definitely find and tweak great tones from the profiles you'll find around the net, but as long as you don't have amps to profile yourself you aren't really using the kemper to its full potential.

Prove you can profile your guitar amp pre amp section properly, I'll buy a beer or two.

sigh... haters gun' hate i guess. doesnt this video from Lasse prove that profiling with the kemper is not a "fail"?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6onT3Pc8U&list=UUQymn7fd9gTMigofzAaC-3g&index=3[/ame]

agree with the above posters... if you only use the presets that come with the amp you will be massively misled about the KPA's true capabilities.

but that isn't necesarily a bad thing, is it?
don't we want real guitar amps to be dependent on guitars to an extend?
Otherwise every guitar would almost sound identical with a given amp.

Yes, but kemper isn't a real amp. When you make a profile it captures the sound/tone of that specific amp with the specific settings you used for a specific guitar. If, after you make the profile, you want to make it work with a different guitar you have to tweak the profile. But the problem is that tweaking within the kemper doesn't respond the same way it would if you tweaked the actual amp so you lose some of the character of the real amp.

Yes, but kemper isn't a real amp. When you make a profile it captures the sound/tone of that specific amp with the specific settings you used for a specific guitar. If, after you make the profile, you want to make it work with a different guitar you have to tweak the profile. But the problem is that tweaking within the kemper doesn't respond the same way it would if you tweaked the actual amp so you lose some of the character of the real amp.

fair enough, got it. thanks.