Kemper Profiling Amp

I've been watching this whole aliasing debate a bit from the sidelines - as a developer, it's interesting to me. I have a lot of respect for the innovation of both Fractal and Kemper in the hardware amp modeling space, and I've tested all of their respective products personally with good results.

I will add to this thread that everything that Cliff and Christophe have said from a technical perspective is 100% accurate, for what it's worth. In other words, less aliasing = more CPU load required. It sucks to see DSP engineers fight, this is a small industry and we all work hard at what we do.

Bought a Tech21 MIDI Moose yesterday and I'll probably get a "Camplifier" unit soon.
Two german engineers developed a retrofittable power-amp unit for the Kemper: http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6629&pageNo=1
Prices seem decent, too. Can't wait to test the Camplifier 180.
introductory prices for the "Camplifier" series:

Camplifier 180 (1x180w/8 ohms): 399,- Euro
Camplifier 290 (2x90w/4 ohms, 2x50W/8 ohms, probably brideable - 1x180w/8 ohms): 449,- Euro
Camplifier 360 (2x180w/8 ohms): 499,- Euro
(-19% for countries outside the EU)

Is anyone here already playing the KPA live? If so, with what setup (poweramp (if any), footswitch, etc) and experiences?

I play my Kemper live through the power amp section of my marshall jcm2000 by using the return input of the FX loop. Works perfect! It just sucks to take this heavy amp with you all the time, so I'm really looking for a smaller and lighter power amp solution.

could you not just use the whole modelling stuff inside the kemper(amp+cab+mic), and get a lowweight class D amp with SMPS and a full-range cab and play it with line-signal into the class-D amp? they are very lightweight those days...

The metal amp pack has a lot of stuff in it - you'll have to audition the profiles first but there are some absolute gems in there. The JSX and Krank in particular rule. In the next week or so I'll be making the "official" clips for Andy with these profiles used in context of a mix.

Please let us know your first quick impressions!!

Doing reamps right now.
This pack rules. IT IS BROOTAL
Unfortunately there is no much info about what cab or channel was used on each profile.
There is no info about the use of a TS.
RECTO profiles are great, but the KRANK just screams.
I'll try the Natas soon.
Clips comming tomorrow (Narco =P)

I don't know if this was allready asked, but how is the quality of the analog splitter?
Plan is to go straight into the KPA for monitoring and tracking the DI-Out for later reamps.
Actually I'm going straight into the interface and use Lepoulin stuff for monitoring.

Also, as the S/PDIF out is a stereo connector, is it possible to have one of the channels with the profile sound and one of the outputs with dry DI signal, for possibility to re-amp later on? would be nice to be able to skip the whole DA/AD route for this..!