kempler profiling amp for namm 2011

rispsira

Mar 18, 2010
I really hope this hasnt been posted before; i havent had much time to check the forum lately and im doing this really quick.

anyway link:

Of course im skeptical just like you will be but its always good to keep an open mind. What worries me about stuff like that as always, is the futur of amp companies; reminds me of how internet has impacted the music industry :s

But anyway lets stick to this for now. Wonder if its all gonna be worthless or not. Either way it doesnt matter just thought you guys would be curious.

Happy new year to all.
Sary

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome idea. Like making your own amp sims from your own amps. Would be great for guys that want close to their sound, but can't carry the gear around.

I just wonder how it actually sounds.

I guess well just have to wait and see. The idea of course is good. You get your amp sound, i wonder though how you hook up the resdt of the rig like you effects etc. Shouldnt be too hard but i wonder if itll keep up with effects going in and out and respond to them like amps? anyway i dono shit technically about the unit so im just probably saying nonsense.

by the way thats OT but congrats on your latest work wish you the best with your new amp man. Sounds great!

It would be nice to be able to split things up, like just do the preamp section, or just do the poweramp/cabinet, so that way you could mix and match. But it doesn't look like that's the way it works.

Still cool. Hopefully you can at least access your saved files and get them to a PC, so people can trade around.

I nearly soiled my union suit when I watched this!

Assuming this works, that means that the next big market is going to be for all the big names to start trademarking and selling their tones.

Come to think of it, this will also mean the end of the sim and IR market as well.

I love your mix and match idea! LOL really wish it could do that. We never get enough do we. But at least i hope it does what its supposed to..

That would be so practical for all of us.. I wouldnt have to let go of my huge rig because of portability and space on stage (which has been my problem and what i have been thinking about for a while..) instead i could still lug it around just in a different format with the mic position and the advantages of doing without a mic onstage.

What wouldve been cool is if it could profile a mixture of mics liek if you had a couple on the cab.

I nearly soiled my union suit when I watched this!

Assuming this works, that means that the next big market is going to be for all the big names to start trademarking and selling their tones.

Come to think of it, this will also mean the end of the sim and IR market as well.

defenitelly cool to get the advantages of sim like no hassle of switching and ground loops and tubes dying etc except with your actual gear huh

I dono hope they dont let us down.

Sounds like a great way for a band to bring their studio sound on tour. You could have the exact rig and settings you used to when recording for every part of every song. Awesome.

yup it means that you can replicate the same signal as your album minus post processing when applicable of course.

I suppose it would also mean the same sound at lower volumes i guess.

Oh anyone wanna take a guess how much youd think it l cost? :popcorn:

Nothing music releated ever comes out of Germany cheap. :D
It'll probably cost a bundle at first, then, either they'll begin lowering the price or they'll license the software and you'll be able to get a cheaper Chinese knock-off.

Nothing music releated ever comes out of Germany cheap. :D
It'll probably cost a bundle at first, then, either they'll begin lowering the price or they'll license the software and you'll be able to get a cheaper Chinese knock-off.

And then Uli Behringer will "borrow" :D the concept and schematics and release the new "PROphiler Amp" and we will have the cheap German alternative to the expensive German original. :tickled::D

Watched this last night, potentially really impressive.

There's a variety of ways technology-wise to approach this, with varying degrees of accuracy vs. efficiency. I can't see it being possible in a hardware unit (let alone one that acts as a head) at less than a $2000 USD price point (bare minimum, it will probably cost closer to double that) and there's a lot of questions yet to be answered. Looking forward to hearing clips.

One more thing - they should have called it the AmProfiler. ;)

Even at 2-4K I think, and this is assuming that it can really do what they're saying it can, it's still a bargain, in that a good head would cost you about that much, not to mention a cab and effects.

True.

Still, being an optimistic dude im wishing it will be around 2k not close to 4k cause then i cant invest in it at the moment.

If it does what it says it does and it's in the 2k range ill jump right at it. but i expect it to be around 4k as well..

Anyway, we still have to hear it :popcorn: