kempler profiling amp for namm 2011

There is this new video showing how it works and how it sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sounds great for that kinda tone, I'm still skeptical at what a very high gain tone will sound like.

But so far I'm impressed.

Its a very good idea because obviously mic position etc makes a difference which ultimately would mean some very interesting one off tones,

However doesnt anybody feel it's a bit of a pain in the ass compared to modelling?

Looks pretty straight-forward according to the second vid.

Just wished they used something other than a Strat/Fender combo for it though. Still, I thought it did do a very good job of copying the tone. I kept thinking the real amp had a tiny bit more definition, but you'd probably have to be standing next to the thing to know for sure.

Looks pretty straight-forward according to the second vid.

Just wished they used something other than a Strat/Fender combo for it though. Still, I thought it did do a very good job of copying the tone. I kept thinking the real amp had a tiny bit more definition, but you'd probably have to be standing next to the thing to know for sure.

I know what you mean it almost sounded stifled compared to the other amp

I don't know, there always seems to be this tiny bit of "deadness" sims have. This newer system seems to be light years ahead of the current crop of sims, but I thought I heard just a tiny bit of that "deadness" here to. The notes just seem to be ever so "rounded" off sounding, like they just don't have the same edge they get when played through an actual tube amp.

I don't know, there always seems to be this tiny bit of "deadness" sims have. This newer system seems to be light years ahead of the current crop of sims, but I thought I heard just a tiny bit of that "deadness" here to. The notes just seem to be ever so "rounded" off sounding, like they just don't have the same edge they get when played through an actual tube amp.

It could also be the fact that the Fender was in the same room, adding some extra...

I'm really curious about this machine, and I'll make sure to check it out at NAMM. ;)

What it REALLY needs to have is "Export-to-VST". That way all the tone obsessives / setup ninjas out there with a vast array of amps (Ola :D ) can poop out epic sounding plugs to the interwebs with ease. :Spin:

Did they have to make it look like a piece of futuristic medical equipment?

LOL! "Bones, do you think he will live?" "No, captain, but we cloned him in this device here."

bones-mccoy.jpg

nope. Not sure what theyve been up to. But officially still nothing.

Im still waiting as i think this could be one of the best things to happen for me, as long as it does what it says but i dono man not convinced yet...; I mean they say you can split the head from cab profile after you have your profile (in case you wanna use it with another cab). I just cant see how that could work.

And im not sure what they brought to the table that is new as it just looks like sine wave and eq analysis. Maybe they have pre defined algos that just get fined tuned while profiling?.. mm Then again im just a guitarist so ill shut up and let people do their work haha.

Looks and sounds like a noise profiler from a 70's sci-fi series.. and I'm not even joking :guh:

Here's some vids I found w Mesas and some other amp

Well I'm definitely intrigued, interesting contraption

I guess you can also d-fibrillate someone with it? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: