KENS DOJO (Feat. Circus Maximus, Pagans Mind, ex-Artch members)

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
KEN'S DOJO - a solo project from guitar player, songwriter and producer Ken Ingwersen.

kensdojo-cover-web.JPG

Ken started playing classical guitar at the age of 10, but was soon spelled by the electric guitar and rock music, listening to acts like KISS, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple and tons of other 70's and 80's rock bands. Spending his early teens playing in a few local bands in Oslo, Norway, the first real band making any fuzz was called LIMELIGHT. Releasing a single on Polydor, and doing a tour with TNT, Ken got hungry for doing more music. He was soon hired as a guitar player for Evenrude, a norwegian singer signed by the infamous Clive Davis at Arista Records in the US.

After being involved in RAGS, SPEED, STREET LEGAL and the KEN HENSLEY BAND, Ken Ingwersen now delivers a solid rock album, and get back to his "roots". This is reflected in the title of the album; "Reincarnation". Instead of just doing a guitar instrumental album, which is something he finds too boring, he wanted to have real songs on the album and great singers. It was time to collect some favours from his friends, and record some amazing songs with killer musicians and top notch production. The album includes names such as; Glenn Hughes (ex-Deep Purple), Ken Hensley (ex-Uriah Heep), Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus), Nils K. Rue (Pagans Mind), Chesney Hawkes, Tommy La Verdi (ex-21 Guns), Eirikur Hauksson aka Eric Hawk (ex-Artch), Truls Haugen (Circus Maximus), Morty Black (ex-TNT), Ole Devold (Tritonus), Aslak Johnsen (Mindtech), Jon Rydningen (Dream Police) and more.

The album is mastered by Björn Engelmann (Rammstein, Europe, Cher).

www.kensdojo.com

Hear a song or 2 on my radio show today! Sometime between 7-10 PM EST!

This week we have a CD showcase of the brand new album by JETTBLACK titled "Get Your Hands Dirty"! On top of that brand new music from HALFORD, SECRET SPHERE, LABYRINTH, LOVEBLAST, KENS DOJO, WIKKED GYPSY, THE SACRIFICED, FOREVERS EDGE, MAGISTARIUM, and GRIFFEN!

SHOW
http://www.themetalmadman.com/tunein.html

CHAT
http://www.themetalmadman.com/chat

Ken rocks! Hes also looking for a possible USA deal!

If I had a label I'd be all over this! Not only does it rock but I love how versatile the songs are!

The album includes names such as; Glenn Hughes (ex-Deep Purple), Ken Hensley (ex-Uriah Heep), Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus), Nils K. Rue (Pagans Mind), Chesney Hawkes, Tommy La Verdi (ex-21 Guns), Eirikur Hauksson aka Eric Hawk (ex-Artch), Truls Haugen (Circus Maximus), Morty Black (ex-TNT), Ole Devold (Tritonus), Aslak Johnsen (Mindtech), Jon Rydningen (Dream Police) and more.

I mean holy smokes!

And yes the new Halford song rips!

Detailed track listing, (in case anyone is wondering what songs Michael Eriksen handles the vocal duties).

01. Forever (feat. Michael Eriksen)
02. Keeping The Flame Alive (feat. Nils K. Rue)
03. I Surrender (feat. Glenn Hughes)
04. Reincarnation (feat. Chesney Hawkes)
05. Momentos A Solas (Instrumental)
06. Demon In Diamonds (feat. Tommy La Verdi)
07. Come Alive (feat. Eirikur Hauksson and Ken Hensley)
08. El Recreo (Instrumental)
09. Set This Angel Free (feat. Michael Eriksen)
10. Rain (feat. Eirikur Hauksson)
11. Soundcheck Bonanza (Instrumental)

I need to hear this...

That new Halford track is really sticking with me...kicks ass!

Please tell me you aren't talking about "Made of Metal". I'm one of the biggest Halford fans, but it just is blah to me. However, I am still looking forward to the release.