Circus Maximus availability

My reasons for buying the CD from Ken are not based on bonus tracks, but for the simple fact that Ken has always been honest and fair with me for the last two to three years! Ken practices GOOD business, so he's made me a loyal customer (I actually wish I had more money to spend) to Lasercd! Ken, I agree with Fatesfan, don't worry about a few people groaning over one song! There are actually those of us that appreciate your honesty, your fair prices on the product and shipping, and your promptness for getting the product mailed! Keep up the good work............

Brian in Johnson City

"I'm the manager of Circus Maximus, and I am the one who told them to record as many bonus tracks as possible so that we could screw the labels AND the consumers for as many money as possible. That's what it's all about - that I get more money, so I can buy more CDs, and get even more drunk at ProgPower!!!"

BAHAHAA, ya know if this was a serious statement I'd probably buy both versions and applaude your for your honesty.

Frankly I could care less about bonus tracks, as long as I can still get the music I love you can put whatever you want on whatever release you desire. Just give me my fuckin metal.

edgeofthorns said:
My reasons for buying the CD from Ken are not based on bonus tracks, but for the simple fact that Ken has always been honest and fair with me for the last two to three years! Ken practices GOOD business, so he's made me a loyal customer (I actually wish I had more money to spend) to Lasercd! Ken, I agree with Fatesfan, don't worry about a few people groaning over one song! There are actually those of us that appreciate your honesty, your fair prices on the product and shipping, and your promptness for getting the product mailed! Keep up the good work............

Totally agree. I've been ordering from Ken since the days when there wasn't a Worldwide Web and he published a nice printed catalog, with his fabled reviews, nearly all of which I agreed with...and he's always been a good source for both CDs and information. So, I'll be pre-ordering from Laser's Edge as well.

/me goes to check if Ken carries anything by Lotus, from Philly...saw 'em open for Ozric Tentacles last week and they were quite good indeed :tickled:

Goddamn. All this fucking bickering over a topic that's been done to death and explained by the record label, promoter and MANAGER of the band and still people seem confused as to what life in the industry is. You know what? You deal with the hassles of handling band's, licensing deals, territorial releases, and everything else and then come over and complain about how each version has a different EXTRA track. While I am on a different end of the spectrum as Ken (who is an honest man and has a good label btw) as a journalist I have over the years been weaned and learned on how the industry is run. I know the people complaining are fans and they want everythiing by the band but you know what, in this day and age there is NEVER going to be just one plain vanilla release for every single country in the world.

BTW I bet if Circus Maximus gets a South American licensing deal (or have they already?) that third track will be used as the bonus as SA audiences get bonuses different than Euro's AND Jap releases. OHMIGOSH NO!

Harvester said:
OK...whew....I feel better now. I'm heading back into the voice of reason mode regardless of the reply that comes. My apologies to those that I let down.

Glenn H.
I am so disappointed...how will I go on...:loco: :D

agreed with everything on this page. :)

especially:
I will be pre-ordering from Ken...simply because it's his release, I love his label, I love his store

and

My reasons for buying the CD from Ken are not based on bonus tracks, but for the simple fact that Ken has always been honest and fair with me for the last two to three years! Ken practices GOOD business, so he's made me a loyal customer (I actually wish I had more money to spend) to Lasercd! Ken, I agree with Fatesfan, don't worry about a few people groaning over one song! There are actually those of us that appreciate your honesty, your fair prices on the product and shipping, and your promptness for getting the product mailed! Keep up the good work

My fav label cause he's got my favorite bands, honest business, good summaries of each item and i tend to agree with him on those, and fair prices. like i said earlier, can't wait for it to arrive.

Some people just can't let things go.
That said, I must admit that I never put things into the perspective of the labels until Glenn, Ken, and Deron pointed it out. As much as everybody hates the business side of the music business, it's a necessary evil. It's kind of like how some people on this forum are complaining about ticket prices for Stratovarius. What a lot of people don't understand is that people in the music business are actually working. As much as we'd like to, we can't live in a world where everything is free. We all need to make money somehow. Now let's play nice, kids.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al, you're totally right... Unfortunately there's people here that act on a sort of stubborn way.. hard to accept the facts... At least it's good to make us entertained.. :D

Angra - before you go all being 'macho' again for being above people on this forum you don't agree with - realize the only reason the conversation kept going was because of YOUR post and his response to it.

It makes me entertained as well seeing people point and laugh at others, when they are one of the ones they are pointing at.

Cheers mate!

Nightmare1z, I'm sorry, but I think I might be confused now...

I was expressing my opinion as much as he was doing, it's not my fault that everyone felt like keep it going! It seems that you're blaming me for making this "go on"... If you wanna blame me, you should also blame Glenn because he posted the way he did... I wasn't the only one to disagree with bhcompy...

And by the way, you are very wrong about me being "above" people in this message board... The only times that I acted in a wrong way I realized that I had been mistaken and apologized for it... so let's not touch there, I don't think you're making a realistic assumption... or a fair one...

Cheers!

This thread= :worship:

I'll sum up my point. I buy one full album version. If it has a bonus or 'exclusive' track, then fine. If not, oh well. I still have the full album version. That's what I paid for. Call me simple. Or maybe I just really believe that if it was good enough, it'd be on the regular version.

Could be me...

And Met-Al...I know where to find you, bitch. :Spin:

Angra - your original post did contain an opinion...yes. But I think your post ended up going towards being more a personal flame against him...

With the comments "whining", "spoiled", and "wake up to reality". In other words you're calling him a spoiled baby - just putting sugar coating on it. So my comment is how you've made two posts on "people here entertain me", yet you're just fueling those people by phrasing your sentences in way to be harmful and inciteful to them.

I have no beef with you, so don't think that. I think the post had pretty much ended before the rest of it emerged. It's turned into a praise Ken and his label thread - which is fine. Still, just because he doesn't agree with the facts - does not mean he's being stubborn to reality. He just has an opinion that differs from the facts of the business.

Should we tell people that insulting President Bush as being a bad leader to stop since they can't do anything about it? No - of course not - people express their opinions regardless if they can do anything about it.

Sometimes we would like too "SHUT UP!" of course - I know I would. :)

If someone came on the forums and just badmouthed Glenn or someone for no reasons - then anger would be justified. But to my knowledge, bh never directly insulted Ken or his label - more just the industry and the prospect together. He even admitted that they were on two sides of it at the end. I don't think anyone came out attacking Ken's label - it's just the idea that we've seen this happen before. It turned more into a rant by that - so I think the discussion was fine for the board. Both sides were presented, both sides discussed it, tempers flared, it's done, that's that! I have never - EVER - seen a debate occur on a forum without people getting mad at one another. And what's the result at the end of most debates? Everyone is on the same side they started. Go figure why we still have them... :)

I just want everyone on the PP board to love everyone!!! *group hug*

I personally don't think you have a beef with me either... neither I do with you... or even bhcompy... I don't hate him, I don't htink he's a bad person or anything... I do think that his idea of being against the way the labels (music business) are is senseless... It seems just too easy to understand, as Glenn said before... so why still making a big deal out of it? I'm sorry man, but it does sound spoiled to me... It may not be like that, but that's what I gathered from his post... And what can I do if that's the way it sounds to my ears?

I don't hate bhcompy though...not at all... I disagree and don't like the way he thinks about this topic... but that doesn't mean I'll want to go up to his face at Progpower and say "You're a moron!" .... As a matter of fact, I'd love to actually meet you guys at the festival and have a good time... Disagreement about someone's idea does not mean hating the person...

Lastly... I didn't say that he was the only one that entertained me... A lot of people here do... And never in a bad way... This place is entertaining... All of the jokes are entertaining... All of the arguments are entertaining... simply because the fact that you mentioned... that in the end both sides will be on the same side anyway... A message board is entertaining... If it sounded personal to bhcompy then it was by accident... I did get entertained to see all of the arguments going back and forth... who doesn't like that ?

All because of a demo version of a song...

The way I see it, unless you are a diehard fan who must have everything, you're going to buy only one album, and the tracks that are important to you are the real album tracks, while the bonus tracks are well, a bonus.

If you are a diehard fan, you won't care how much you have to spend. Heck, some fans will buy two albums with the same music on them, just because the artwork is different.

looks like some people still dont hate me :p

sorry for being an idealist, but on this subject its the way i am, regardless of what the "necessary evil" is guiding the industry in this direction.

and i never once tried to insult anyone in particular, i only dislike the way the industry runs.

Maybe Glenn can have an extra hour of performances. Stratovarius will play two extra songs for Gold Badge members, then the Gold badgers will be kicked out and Stratovarius can play two different songs for the regular ticket holders. So if you want to hear all the performances, buy a gold badge and a regular ticket!:)